Why I HATE Salad Box Philippines (now GiltBox)

I love subscribing to beauty boxes, don't you?

There was a time in my life when I got addicted to subscribing to beauty boxes like: Glamourbox, BDJ Box, Althea, etc. then I stumbled on the Salad Box (now Gilt Box).

Similar to the other subscription box concepts, Salad Box also offers a monthly subscription of full sized and sample sized beauty, skin care and hair care products at random. Their marketing arm does their job pretty well for I was able to fall for one of their promotional activities.



Who wouldn’t fall for that?! For only Php1,000.00 you get to receive 3 boxes! That means that each box would only cost you Php333.33!

Logged into my bank account and pressed “PAY NOW” and viola! Secured my “limited” slot with Salad Box, whew!

NOT!

Yep, this blog is indeed a RANT. And yes, I will post their images here for I know that I am not alone in this endeavor. I know there are beauty explorers like me who want to bring their concerns to justice. This is a bold step indeed, but I guess saving all of you from this is the best thing I can do. Well then, YOU ARE WELCOME!

Although it breaks my heart and makes me really irritated, let me talk to you about my experience in subscribing to Salad Box. Subscribed to their promo, with the following mechanics, I would have been subscribed to a total of not less than 3 boxes.


I should have received 2 boxes within the same month I subscribed and a month after, I should be receiving my 3rd box. At least that’s what’s on the fine print. Clear enough right? But noooooo...

I placed my order on the same day that the promo was advertised and then I giddily waited… and waited… and waited… and freakin’ waited… damn it! Still waiting here!

After 15 freakin’ days of waiting, I finally got the guts to send an inquiry to them via email. Guess what? No EFFIN’ response from anyone! I felt cheated and robbed. I know, I know, it’s just Php1,000.00, but still, that was my hard earned money!

So, because I felt that I need to exert extra effort to check on my subscription box, I did a little research. I went to their website and checked their FAQs, perhaps I was too eager to receive my shipment? Let’s see… Dear Lord! I should have received my package around the same time I confirmed my subscription. They said that they ship every 3rd or 4th week of the month. What a LIE!

So, a month after I confirmed my payment, I sent them a separate email and someone from their end asked me to advise them about my order and to verify if I have indeed paid for the subscription. You can just imagine how angry I was hearing this from them! To think that my initial email includes the confirmation email they sent me when I paid for my order! Anyway, I calmed myself down and told myself that maybe, just maybe, they changed staff and that there was no proper turn over. So, I ended up giving my details – again.

A few days after that email exchange, I still haven’t received my package. So, I decided that I wanted to pursue this. I was steaming! I sent them a message through their facebook account. I was firm and demanding. Of course, why wouldn’t I? I told them that I would bring the matter up to the DTI (Department of Trade and Industry) if they will not ship out my order immediately. To my dismay, another staff answered me by asking me once again of my details. That person even had the guts to question my payment! Jeez!

I found this page from their website. I said, I need to establish a communication with the founder and the managing director himself, Mr. Paul Dimafelix. I found his profile in Facebook (Thank God!) and sent him a message. I introduced myself and I reminded him of his company’s mission statement. Of course I told him of my plans to report it to the DTI. He never answered. But guess what? After a few days, Salad Box contacted me and asked me whether I was willing to wait for my boxes which they will be shipping real soon or if I would prefer a refund. I was tempted to choose the latter, but I wanted to challenge them. I wanted to check if they can really ship out my subscription boxes, so I said, I would be waiting for my boxes.

After 2 days, I received 3 boxes in one shipment. Great!

But NOOOOOO….

When I got home, I opened my package and received 2 Christmas themed boxes and 1 Salad Man box. (What the F*ck!?!)

Here’s what I got from these three boxes.



Sure, I was able to receive items in full size and more than P1,000.00, but F*ck this! I can easily get these items from the grocery store! Salad Box promises to bring each subscriber amazing and new products to try out, now why is it that I received these?

Want to be more irritated? Look at this, the lip balm from Careline that they included in one of the boxes is actually used (swatched)!



O-M-G!

I didn’t in my entire life ever thought that a decent-looking company would be going down to this level. My suggestion? Either they close down or they improve their marketing arm to be able to partner with UH-MAZIIIING brands to deliver what they promise to their customers. Or perhaps, a much better recommendation, for customers to try out other subscription boxes, just not Salad Box/ Gilt Box. 

I still subscribe to beauty boxes, but never again shall I waste my hard earned money to subscribe to Salad Box.

Have you experienced this with Salad Box? I hope not!

Comments

Post a Comment