Best Franchise Business In the Philippines

I have been an employee for almost 15 years.
My husband is an employee. My parents were employees. My parents' parents were likewise employees.

As far as I know, everyone around me's main income are out of employment.

There's really nothing bad about it, it's an honest way of living anyway. But, as I age, as I feel the pressure and the stress of being an employee. As I struggle to find time to hit the balance between my personal and professional life, I start to realize that maybe employment really isn't the best way to go.

My children continue to look for attention and time from me and my husband. My patience dwindles down to nothing and it is because I have nothing left to give as I have already given everything to my career. All in the hopes to climb up the corporate ladder to bring home the biggest bacon I can ever find.

I was in the car, staring out the window when it dawned on me.

On the way home, we passed by rows of sari-sari stores. These are miniature grocery stores that are incorporated in private homes. There are a lot of these here. Sometimes every house along the same street would have one. You'll be surprised as to the range of items you can buy from these sari-sari stores!

It hit me right in the face and it hit me real hard! How come these people are able to establish their own businesses while I think I would be in the best position to manage and own one?

So, I gathered all the guts I could ever muster and told myself that I had to stop settling and start being my own boss. The advantage? I own my time and I control my patience.

I did my homework. I researched on what business is the best business to invest in. What is trendy? What would not be a "one hit wonder"?

I was browsing Pinterest when I saw it. I grew more and more interested in the latest fad, Hong Kong Bubble Waffle.


 WHAT IS BUBBLE WAFFLE?
An egg waffle is a spherical egg-based waffle popular in Hong Kong and Macau,[1] and is an eggy leavened batter cooked between two plates of semi-spherical cells. They are usually served hot, and often eaten plain, although they may be served with fruit and flavours such as strawberry, coconut or chocolate.[2] It is referred to by its original Cantonese name, gai daan jai (鷄蛋仔),[1] and in English, an egg puffbubble waffleeggette, pancake balls, pancake waffleegglet, and puffle

They are sometimes referred to as Hong Kong cakes in Chinatowns across America, especially in New York.[3] One piece of egg waffle can have around 20 to 35 small round 'balls'.
Egg waffles are among the most popular Hong Kong "street snacks" and were ranked No.1 in a 100 most popular HK street snack listing.[4] They have been a favoured street snack since their emergence in the 1950s, when they were made with coal fire heating and sold from street kiosks in Hong Kong.[5][6][7]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_waffle

My interest in this product grew and grew and because I also love baking, I knew that I would be able to whip it up in a jiffy. How hard could it be right?

Just look at how marvelous and sumptuous these bubble waffles are! 
Photo not owned by me.

Photo owned by Yo! Panda

Photo owned by: DHGate.com betterlife99

Photo owned by goodloog.com

If I had to make my own business, this would be it! 

As if it was meant to be, I saw a friend's post in Facebook. A company here in the Philippines just opened a franchise for this very product.


TFD Company (The Filipino Dream) is previously known as Filtrepreneur Franchise Inc (FFI). Established in 2008, the TFD program aims to develop the sleeping potentials of ordinary Filipinos and use these potentials to make their dreams become a reality. Now TFD Inc. has partnered with many other businesses to promote franchising and dealership to Filipinos. 




It's as if faith brought us together. All I had to find out was how much it would cost - and if it was worthy of the price. 

Here's what you'll get once you pay the franchise fee:
  • Sturdy Kiosk (see photo above)
  • 2pcs Bubble Waffle Maker Machines
  • 1,500 peso worth of initial stocks
  • Spatula
  • Measuring Cups
  • Measuring Spoons
  • Large Mixing Bowl
  • Pastry Brush
  • Re-chargeable Fan
  • Waffle Rack
  • Trainings


I know what you are itching to ask, how much? Well, you only need to shed Php 200,000.00!!! (as of 2018, but price may change without prior notice)

NO ROYALTIES - Say what?!
NO HIDDEN CHARGES - I know right?!
NO QUOTA - You heard it right!
NO LIMITATIONS IN THE SRP - Get outta here!

Too good to be true? NOT!
Just trust me on this okay? I have been running the business since December 2017!

All that is left for you to do is:
  • Find a staff, and
  • Find the best location (Eg. outside campuses, malls, etc.)
Unlike other franchise businesses out there, TFD does not require Royalty pay out every month. Every proceeds you earn out of this franchise business is yours for the taking! 

TFD likewise do not have any hidden and/or additional charges. When I say you only pay Php200,000.00, YOU-ONLY-PAY-TWO-HUNDRED-THOUSAND! Well, of  course, if you need to buy more stocks, you'd have to shed out some moolah, but that's besides the point.

TFD will not force you to sell and earn. You do not have a quota. You are your own boss! You are not TFD's employee! But of course, if you want returns on your investment, you'd have to do your part.

TFD will give your their Suggest Retail Price based on the ingredients that they propose. But if you want to add more or omit some, include your Operating Expenses, or maybe project an image or something, then you have the freehand to do your own costing. TFD will not limit your income potential.

Is it worth the hype? YES! YES! YES!
I've probably gained 20lbs in making sure that my money won't go to waste. Wait, let me explain what I meant.

I am a self proclaimed food enthusiast. I love dining in different places and I love experiencing food in all its glory.

My investment would mean nothing if no one would patronize it. So, before paying the company, I did a little leg work of my own. Here in Laguna, there are only two legit bubble waffle sellers. One in SM Sta Rosa (I love Bubble Waffle), one in Paseo De Sta Rosa (Yummy In My Tummy)

Here are actual photos of what I bought from them. Note that TFD did not ask me to conduct this taste test. I did this on my own as part of my feasibility study and bench marking on best practices and best business proposals.

1. I love Bubble Waffle (SM Santa Rosa Foodcourt)

  • PRESENTATION: 2 out of 5 Stars
Packaging is simple and straight forward. They used a 12oz paper cup with a black and white print of the company's name. Simple and I find nothing wrong with that.

The waffle is shaped into a cone and a hefty amount of Nestle Ice Cream is placed in the center. Customers are given the freehand to choose which topping and syrup to add. They have Chocolate, Caramel, Strawberry Syrup, Rainbow Sprinkles, Stick-O, etc. 

  • TASTE: 2 out of 5 Star
I'm sure a lot of I love Bubble Waffle lovers would hate me but quite honestly, I am not a fan. Yes, it is crunchy, but it is also very chewy and very heavy in the tummy. If you like bibingka or kakanin, you would enjoy this very much.

The waffle itself doesn't have any flavor. Thanks to the ice cream, the waffle becomes tolerable. 

  • PRICE: 4 out of 5 Stars
This is very affordable, yes. But if you come to think of it, where's the value for money? I could have purchased a pint of ice cream and could have enjoyed it as much for the same amount.



2. YUMMY IN MY TUMMY (Paseo De Santa Rosa)


  • PRESENTATION: 4 out of 5 Stars
Packaging is also simple and straight forward. They used a 16oz plastic sundae cup with a black and white print of the company's name and social media accounts. 

The waffle is shaped into a cone and similar to I Love Bubble Waffle a big scoop of Premium Ice Cream is placed in the center. They also use premium ingredients, here I have dark chocolate syrup with slivered almonds. Similar to ILBW, YIMT allows customers to customize their bubble waffle.

  • TASTE: 3 out of 5 Star
Aaaaghhhh... I swear I am not being biased here! But quite honestly, I am also not a fan. Yes, it is crunchy, but it is also very chewy and very heavy in the tummy. The waffle itself doesn't have any flavor, not even an aroma.

  • PRICE: 3 out of 5 Stars
YIMT bubble waffle is on the expensive side. Maybe because they are using premium ice cream and premium toppings. Average cost per order is Php150.00.


I have also tried a bubble waffle being sold at Vista Mall Santa Rosa (Sweet Indulgence) and this is what I got:
  • PRESENTATION: 1 out of 5 Stars
Packaging has no brand recall as they used generic paper cups., look also at how the bubble in bubble waffle is deflated. Seeing this made me so sad.

The ice cream is also so far down, lumpy and so runny that it also left me feeling depressed. I ordered chocolate and they placed a strawberry stick-o in there. I mean, what-the-f***?!

  • TASTE: 1 out of 5 Star
Oh ghaaaad nooooo... period.

  • PRICE: 2 out of 5 Stars
I paid Php99.00 for this and... never again!




With 20lbs more under my belt, I prayed to God that Puffy's Bubble Waffle must be worth every centavo.

Puffy's HK Bubble Waffle Plain
Thank God the heavens listened to my prayers! As soon as I bit into that freshly cooked bubble waffle, I could taste the vanilla, buttery flavor! It was crunchy on the outside, but still bread-like on the inside. It's like biting into your favorite breakfast pancake!

So, without thinking twice, I signed up and started to dream.

Perspective of our Mall-Standard Kiosk

 I was fortunate enough to have been awarded a contract with the Vista Mall Santa Rosa and last June 15, we opened our very own Puffy's HK Bubble Waffle kiosk.




Now on our 2nd month, people are continuously patronizing the Puffy's HK Bubble Waffle and I am proud to say that it's not just because of the price point, but most importantly because of its taste. Now, that's what I call, VALUE FOR MONEY!



Should you pass by Santa Rosa one of these days, please do not forget to drop by our kiosk and grab yourself truly one of the country's best tasting bubble waffle!

Follow us on Instagram and Facebook as well!

IG: @puffys_sta rosa
FB: Puffys HongKong Bubble Waffle Santa Rosa


If you are likewise tired of being bossed around and you want to start your own business but do not have enough capital to do so, I have a lot of other franchise businesses to offer you! From 70,000pesos to 3.5M pesos!

Just leave me a message or email me directly at: puffys.starosa@gmail.com

Together, we will grow!


If you need help in applying for a Barangay Permit or a Sole Proprietor Mayor's Permit, read on!

Comments

Post a Comment