Review: A Brush that Straightens Hair

Patience really is a virtue.

I noticed that nowadays, people are becoming more impatient. When the internet lags one second, you throw your mobile phone or tablet away irritated that it took streaming too long. When the traffic light took a few more milli second to turn green, you turn red in anger and start honking your horns to your heart's delight.

Instead of sitting for hours in the salon to have your hair fixed by a professional hair stylist, people invented tools so you can have that salon-like look right at the comfort of your home. It first started with the flat hair iron. From steel to ceramic plates, it revolutionized the way people wear their hair long and pin straight. Then came the heated rods. Instead of using rollers, people are now able to create that professional curl, from tight to loose, airy curls! Then of course, the mermaid curling irons. Sometimes, a curl just wont do, waves are the new summer look!

Either you buy all three to get that style you want (if you have that much cash on you) or you just invest on one. I personally invested on the flat iron and the curling rod, but I find that the former is more versatile than curling rods. I can create a minimum of three looks with just a flat iron. Straight, Wavy, Feathery, Curly, etc. hair. All it took was a bit of patience and a twist and flick of the writs and viola! Perfectly structured hair every single time!

Then one day, as I was browsing through my facebook page, I saw a video post shared by one of the groups I belong in. A hair brush that could INSTANTLY straighten and tame unruly locks! I thought, "maybe it's just a hoax" or "maybe if it were real it would cost a lot!"

Then, as if enticing me with that video isn't enough, one member of that group started posting that she is selling a similar product! What happened next was history. I just couldn't stop my fingers from clicking that "Message" button. I just had to ask her how much it cost.

So, it is reasonably priced, given that it is within the same range as the other hair styling tools I invested in. This particular product cost me Php1,100.00 only.

I know you are as enthusiastic as I was when I first heard about it, so without any further adieu, here's my first impression review on the hair brush that straightens hair.





Well, as expected, judging on the cost of the product, right off the bat I knew that this one is made in China. Although it seems breakable, it actually is heavier that it looks.

The brush itself (up to the handle) is approximately 10.5 inches long. The cable is more than 6 feet long, just about enough to allow you to maneuver the hardware comfortably while plugged.

The shell adopts a US high temperature engineering plastic material. It claims to have a European electronic motherboard that complies with standard EML CCC certification. (Note: tried to research on the motherboard certification as declared on the info sheet included in the box, but to no avail.)


Okay, so it looks scary and complicated, but really, it's just like any other brush, only this one has heating capabilities running on the trunk of those bristles with red, protective, silicone beads.

On the outer layer are ordinary plastic bristles. No heat runs through these. I guess they are strategically placed there to protect your hands from touching the heated surface. Notice the curved rubber at the bottom of the brush? It doesn't have any heat running through it as well, it is just placed there to primarily protect your thumb from touching the heated area.

Right smack in the middle, the shiny black metal with red silicon beads is where all the action is. Compared with a regular brush with thin rounded bristles, the center of this brush has thick flat bristles. The shiny coating, I'm guessing, teflon, helps your hair straighten with shine. The red silicon beads are there to of course protect your scalp from being burnt.


The handle has an LED lit panel that helps you identify the temperature of the brush.This particular model claims to heat up from 60 to 230 degrees Centigrade. Depending on the thickness of your hair, you can adjust the temperature to ensure that you won't damage your locks while using this product.




On the handle is also three switches, the "Power Button" (small circle on the left), the "Plus Button" and the "Minus Button." I don't think I need to further elaborate the uses of each button.

What I like about this product is that it doesn't take too long to heat up and be ready for use. Like I said earlier, Patience is a Virtue.

Here is a summary of the product:
Name: Fast Hair Straightener
Model: HQT-906
Place of Origin: Shenzhen, China
Rated Voltage: 100-230V 50/60HZ
Rated Power: 29W

Some reminders in using the product:
1.) Ensure that your hair is fully dry before using it. Unlike flat irons with various types of plates (for dry or wet hair) this one is only applicable with dry hair.
2.) Comb your hair first before using this product. It is not designed to untangle unruly locks. If you use it to comb your hair, the heat will sort of "permanently" keep the shape of your tangled hair.
3.) Do not immediately set the temperature on high. Gradually increase it to prevent your hair from being "cooked."
4.) Do not leave the brush turned on for a long time. It doesn't have a safety feature where it automatically shuts down when it reached a certain temperature. The last we want is to have a busted piece of hardware.
5.) Ensure to cool down the brush before storing.

So, does it really work wonders? Tell you what, I'll just show you proof that it does!

In this photo I used it on my colleague who had her hair permed a couple of months ago. Since her hair is naturally straight, the perm didn't last too long leaving her hair look dry and messy. I used the brush on her for approximately under 10 minutes.

I especially like how it made the hair look shiny afterwards!

By the way, the trick to using this product is to comb it through a thin set of hair slowly from roots to tips. Using it like a regular brush, combing your hair like there's no tomorrow won't make it straight.

I then tried to use it on my very thick, dry and coarse hair in under 5 minutes and here's how it looks like after. It's like I went to a blow dry salon!


What do you think? Want to try it? Go ahead and don't forget to share with me your thoughts!
Want to have your very own straightening brush? You may order it from Gladyz Cosmetics in facebook.

Comments

  1. I bought one and it will not turn on! any suggestions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just press it hard for 3 seconds

      Delete
    2. the use of wet-to-dry straighteners allows molding completely wet hair and it is not necessary to opt for blow-drying to obtain elegant hair. Therefore, if you face the shortage of time in the morning and want to opt for a more advanced and innovative tool, Private Label Hair Straighteners- Hongsen

      Delete
  2. Got mine today. Will not turn on either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got ours today and after one use it stopped working is there any solutions we can use to fix it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tested it for 2nd time and i notice a sound after i plug it... Well, it's made in China...

      Delete
    2. I tested it for 2nd time and i notice a sound after i plug it... Well, it's made in China...

      Delete
  4. What happened next was history. I just couldn't stop my fingers from clicking that "Message" button. best straightener on the market

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received mine today. I agree with your review - and I would add the following information:

    It is awkward to use in that being right handed, I kept turning it off or the temp would be adjusted due to the controls location. I would call it a design flaw and an annoying one at that. However, it does work well. We will see tomorrow if it still works based on previous reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received mine today. I was so excited and plugged it right away. It turned on but after few minutes it started to spark. I was terrified and panicked, good thing i was able to unplugged right away. Very dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used it twice it works but now when i turn it on it says error -_- sont know how to fix it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HAVE THE SAME ERROR. PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU HAVE A SOLUTION FOR IT NOW

      Delete
    2. same error problem, please respond

      Delete
  9. I used it twice it works but now when i turn it on it says error -_- sont know how to fix it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have got mine last week from shoponz.. actually i really liked how it really straighten your hair.. but its red tips has been affected by high temperature from my first use!! .. some of them got loosy and one of them is about to get dettached!!.. i am not sure how the red tips should look like after my 10th use!!
    Poorly manufactured ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have got mine last week from shoponz.. actually i really liked how it really straighten your hair.. but its red tips has been affected by high temperature from my first use!! .. some of them got loosy and one of them is about to get dettached!!.. i am not sure how the red tips should look like after my 10th use!!
    Poorly manufactured ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. i ordered one through a website and it worked fine until recently. i contacted the website that i ordered it from but they said i needed to speak to the manufacturer. i dont know who the manufacturer is and they would not tell me. do you know who it it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for all your feedback. mine is still okay, mine is also made in china. We all know that items made in china are either faulty or poorly manufactured, however, i guess, i got lucky because mine still works, no sparks, no loose silicon protector (red dots). The only problem i am having with it is that i accidentally turn off the product while brushing my hair, so i have to wait for it to heat up once in a while. in any case, I guess this is a good product especially if you are in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looked so good product i like it really

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just got mine today, but it keeps shutting off, and doesnt want to turn back on.. the few strands i had done is awsome though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just planed to buy this brush straightener but after reading the reviews I think I should don't go for this.
    Thank you for your reviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was researching online getting one and found that it is on the recall list due to "Risk of electric shock due to easily accessible live parts." It is advised to stop using it immediately.

    http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/product-recalls/2016/02/fast-hair-straightener/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi I need your advice regarding to this. I just got mine yesterday for 550 pesos, meanwhile, on the process of using it, hindi talaga sha literally nag straight yung hair ko. Should I apply any heat protectant first? Kung sakali mag-aaply ako, is there a great chance na mag work na sha sakin? And also, after I used and Unplugged it, mainit parin yung back surface nya mga 30 minutes siguro bago sha nag cool down huhu. Normal lang po ba yun? Please

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bought mine at a fair and yesterday I wanted to use it, but when I went through my hair for the first time there was a huge spark. If the power didn't go off it would probably have caused a fire or me being electrocuted. I noticed that when I turned the brush I could hear something rolling in it, that might be why it happened. But google the product and you'll see that it's dangerous! Also, does anyone have any contact information? I want a refund :/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great! I just bought one of eBay then decided to research the best way to use it, only to discover it's a recall product!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great products and great post but only thing i am not liking is that this brush consumes the time. To save your time and for the better experience as well you must try for the Gurin's Hair Straightener now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. MY PRODUCT IS SHOWING ERROR WHEN I SWTICH IT ON! WHAT CAN I DO?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Used mine the 2nd time & it got red hot at some points & not others. The back got so hot it was untouchable so turned off quick - do not think this is a safe appliance - also the on/off button is right where your hand sits & couldn't stop flicking it on or off...nowhere else to hold it )bad design) do not buy this...that is why it's cheap

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great, i just bought Moroccanoil Ceramic Round Brush for blowouts, hows it?

    ReplyDelete
  25. A brush is all it needs to straighten your hair? Unbelievable.
    http://www.mksalon.com/gallery

    ReplyDelete
  26. Need help about Hair Straightener repair visit here: https://goo.gl/QrCzAn

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been reading your posts regularly which is specially for LVL Hair straightener .I need to say that you are doing a fantastic work. Please keep it up the great work.
    LVL Hair straightener

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really appreciate your work and very amazing and important information about the Kevin Murphy which have share in this blog.
    Kevin Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thankyou for all your reviews as I was planning to buy but now decided not to..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your post is awesome. You have shared very valuable information to us. Thank you so much for sharing this.
    hair extension courses manchester

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bebella is a famous name in this field for making ceramic flat iron. Evolution flat iron is the best iron for style and professional enthusiasts. Girls can not pay every day for making the style of hair. Details - http://www.myhaircarecoach.com/best-evolution-hair-straightener-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi I really appreciate your all efforts which is specially for the regrowth your hair with leminox serum.
    Great job.


    hair growth shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice blog and the details about it really interesting.
    I liked your blog.



    Fernandina Beach

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very exclusive blog about Hair stylist. Quite interesting and nice topic chosen for the post Nice Post keep it up.



    Hair stylist

    ReplyDelete
  35. I already used and twice when I tried.
    find this

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very informative article which is about the beauty shopping and i must bookmark it, keep posting interesting articles.

    Womens makeup accessories

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great blog with a very interesting information about the makeup well done and keep posting.

    fashion items for women's

    ReplyDelete
  38. Really thankful for this wonderful and informative blog about the makeup. i really likes it.


    hair studio

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.

    Malaysian

    ReplyDelete
  40. WILL SURELY CONSIDER YOUR INFORMATION, THANKS FOR SHARING

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gurin Luanches Heat Adjustable Iron Hair Straightener on amazon in the USA at $20.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gurin Luanches Heat Adjustable Iron Hair Straightener on amazon in the USA at $20.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your blog have allot of detail about the Hair Replacement Plano it's a good job.
    Hair Replacement Plano

    ReplyDelete
  44. Nice post!!! As per my opinion ghd flat iron is one of the best flat irons straightener. It is very simple to use.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very nice article!! Thanks for sharing. Pictures are very nice and useful. Hair straighteners curlers Price List in India

    ReplyDelete
  46. The temperature keeps changing. Example, if I put it in 90 C it will go up to 120 and goes down as I used it to 90 C. Is this normal?

    ReplyDelete
  47. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!!
    best titanium flat iron

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi I have my brush but when I switch it on it is showing err message please help me what to do

    ReplyDelete
  49. I already got mine, ngayon ko lang siya gagamitin after a week. Bakit ayaw mag on? I hold it in 3 seconds na hanggang 3 minutes pa ata. yung hawakan lang yung nagiinit hindi yung pinaka brush

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am currently using Karmin’s hairbrush. It is excellent, it leaves my hair soft, shiny and without friz, for me it is the best, I recommend it...

    ReplyDelete
  51. Get ready in the morning hassle-free with Salon Tech's Gurin Flat Iron Straightener .

    ReplyDelete
  52. The article was up to the point and described the information very effectively. Thanks to blog author for wonderful and informative post.
    best ceramic hair straightener

    ReplyDelete
  53. An exceptionally ideal method of adding pounds of shine and glossy appearance to your hair is by using cordless hair straightener that will serve you with all incredibly sleek look and make people awestruck as you pass by them.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Cordless rechargeable hair straighteners are the best option to permanent hair straightening of hair as it makes sure that your hairs are much put to various chemicals which can lead to permanent damage to the strands of hairs up to the roots.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love it and I'm doing great with Karmin straightening brush.

    ReplyDelete

  56. I am having trouble finding the best hair straightner price in pakistan for my beauty parlour.
    I have heard that remington is better in hair curlers and hair straighners.
    Please suggest which one shoud I purchase?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment