Rekindle the Fire at Marcia Adam's Restaurant, Tagaytay

Nowadays, with our busy schedules we haven’t got enough time to really sit down and talk to our loved ones. Whether it be your best friend, lover or family, time isn’t just enough.
Sometimes, even if you wait in line (for the longest time) just to get a seat at a premier, highly-rated, fine dining restaurant, you find yourselves racing to dessert because someone called somebody asking you to get home due to an emergency.
Metro Manila and its gimmick places are often filled with rowdy teenagers that as a matured adult, you somehow couldn’t stand. The noise, the blinking lights, the blowing music isn’t just the scene for you anymore. When you were younger, maybe, but now, it’s just too much.
Father’s Day 2013, we found ourselves traversing the Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway, we wanted to find a quiet, serene, lovely place to celebrate the event.
Rustic Feel Interiors
At first, you won’t even know that it’s a restaurant. It looks like an old house with an unmaintained garden, common in the Tagaytay area. Its wooden doors looks rusty and old. At the entrance what looks to me like the driveway, plants are sprouting here and there, somehow, it looks as though you are clouded with vines and twigs as these sprang over and above you, like a tunnel made of green leaves.
Down the path, more and more unnamed plants and trees come into picture and then there it is… in the middle of the somewhat unkempt garden sits an old house made of bricks and stones. There is no door that separates nature from man’s creation. The wide arched pathways looks warm and welcoming.
Fresh bouquet of flowers
Upon stepping into the stone house, the first thing that will grab your attention are the antique hard wood furniture and colourful tiles that emits life to the floor. Fresh huge bouquet of flowers are displayed in the four corners of each room, giving the house that sweet natural smell that reminds you of when you were young playing with your cousins at the countryside.
The combination of antique furniture, Mediterranean-inspired interiors and nature gives the place a romantic air to it. Perfect for young lovers who wants a quiet place where they could exchange sweet nothings or couples (men especially) who wants to have a romantic proposal.

Marcia Adam’s produces a daily menu, ensuring that patrons will have something unique every day. For an average amount of 800 pesos per person, you get to enjoy a three-course meal from appetizer down to dessert. Since they cook your orders on the spot, it’s kind of necessary to spend a little time waiting for your food to arrive. Not to worry because, they will be providing you with a complimentary freshly baked sliced bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. If you don’t want to spoil lunch (or dinner), you may step away from your table and roam around the area. You will have a nice view of the Tagaytay countryside.
 

Amalfi Prawns

For me, I chose the Amalfi Prawns for Appetizer. Pan-fired, crispy and succulent prawns that are marinated in salt, pepper, olive oil and parsley, coated with bread crumbs that sits atop a homemade wafer. This is served warm, I would pair it with a sweet red wine. Though at the time, I settled for a cool glass of water.
While the others were having the best time of their lives taking photos of each other, I, on the other hand had to bring my son to the john. It was pure pleasure going there because even their toilets has a homey feel to it.





A couple of minutes more, they served me my Fish Souvlaki. Blue Marlin kebabs marinated in Olive Oil, Lemon and Herbs, served with rice and an olive oil and feta cheese dip. Simple, clean savoury dish that is not heavy. Rice can be substituted with Egyptian Rice with Lentils or Fried Potato Wedges for an additional cost of Php45.00 or for a mere Php75.00, you can replace it with Couscous. Thinking back, I should’ve tried the couscous. I haven’t really had a taste of that one yet. Nonetheless, every bite is heaven. Not to mention, the servings are actually good enough for two! 
 
 
 
 
Already feeling full, I can only look forward to dessert! I ordered Lavender Crème Brulee. I am a sucker for sweets and I always find myself ordering either any chocolate dessert or crème brulee. This time, I decided to go with this one. I guess I got curious with how they would incorporate lavender with something so sweet. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to take a photo of it, because before I knew it, it’s already gone! I was only able to get my husband’s order, grilled banana split with chocolate ice cream! The lavender crème brulee was not a bad choice, but it is definitely an acquired taste. The strong lavender scent and flavour might be too overwhelming to picky eaters, but personally, I thought it was one of the best dessert choices so far. As soon as you dig a teaspoonful of this creamy dessert, the first thing that you will notice is the crunchy burnt sugar then you will be overtaken with the lavender flavour, very aromatic and calming, and then at the tip of your tongue comes this sweet, creamy, velvety vanilla flavoured flan. I will definitely order this next time.
This late lunch would’ve been perfect if I was alone with my husband, as I mentioned earlier, the place is really ideal for couples. I don’t really recommend bringing your entire family most especially if you are on a tight budget because at the moment, Marcia Adam’s cannot process credit card payments yet, so, if you have cash on hand, then I guess bringing your entire clan is still suitable.
The cool breeze of Tagaytay and the warm that exudes from Marcia Adam’s restaurant is a perfect combination of a romantic getaway. I definitely recommend this place!
For reservations or inquiries, you may contact them via their facebook account or send them an SMS at 0917-801-1456 or email them at marciasresto@gmail.com.
This is not a paid advertisement of Marcia Adam’s Restaurant.

Comments