Product Review: Pond's BB+ Creme (Flawless White) in Light



Ponds BB+ Creme
Not everyone understands what a BB cream (or CC or DD creams for that matter) are. So, What is Pond's BB+ Cream?

BB stands for Blemish Balm. It fuses cosmetic and skincare benefits into one application. If Im not mistaken, this product first boomed in Korea. Them flawless, gorgeous looking Korean girls... hmmm... I could just wish that my skin would look as flawless as theirs. Anyway, enough with the day-dreaming (that will never come true) Pond's claims that their Flawless White BB+ Cream will help whiten the skin and at the same time protect the skin from the sun (with its SPF30 PA++ feature) while providing a natural coverage. 
Thick, whipped-like, dense consisitency.
The packaging is really cute. As they say, pink is the new black. But really? Do they have to make such a big tube when it contains only 25 GRAMS of the product? The upside is, the product really smells nice and clean. When you squeeze the tube, a whipped dense cream comes out of it. From the consistency, you'd know that it has a lot of coverage. The downside? It only comes in one shade - light. I'm morena so, basically, it doesn't suit my color.


Bare Face. Before Application.
At the left, you will see the bare side of my face (yeah, at 29 I still get blemishes from time to time) This is prior to applying the Pond's BB+ Cream.
Because of its consistency, I had to apply the product by making small dots all over my face. This way, I know that I am equally distributing the product. The last thing I want is to have a very white forehead. (See below)



Best application is by putting dots on your face.


The last picture below shows the side of my face that compared before, the redness is slightly covered. So, as far as coverage is concerned, Pond's BB+ Cream has done its job.


I have been using it for a week now, no offense, but I have rated the product three stars out of five because of the following observations:
  • Not a morena-friendly shade
  • Instead of using just one product as a base, I had to put on a darker shade of powder to make it look even (thus, making my bag heavier by bringing more products), and
  • I had breakouts with just a week's use
For approximately P350.00 (at PCX, Alabang Town Center) I can recommend this to people with fair skin (yeah, Koreans) I guess, I will just have to wait for Garnier's BB Cream. Im hiyang with that brand. This one is just not for me.

Three out of Five Stars.

Comments