Product Review: Maybelline New York Eyestudio 24 Hour Color Tattoo


Raise your hand if you are one of those who has very oily lids. (Raising my hand, eyeballs rolling from side to side, lips stiffly pursed.)

I love applying makeup but from time to time, I had to check the mirror and see if my eyeshadow is creasing.

Thanks to beauty gods for creating the eyeshadow primer!

I’m so glad to know that makeup brands like Urban Decay and Benefit have created cream shadows that doesn’t crease however these product brands are a tad pricey. Which is why I was so hyped when I found out about Maybelline New York’s 24 Hour Color Tattoo.


The sad thing is, it’s not available in the Philippines yet. I have been trying to purchase this from the States but I just couldn’t wait that long to wait for the items to get shipped out.
Until one day, while staring at my computer, I decided to google this product out. There may be someone in the country who’s selling these items.

Found it!

To my surprise, there was a vendor in the Philippines carrying this product. It’s not a full blown makeup store, it just so happen that this girl is also a fan of the product and while she was in the States, she purchased a lot and brought it back here. So, basically, there was a limited supply. I was keeping my fingers crossed while she checked for stocks of the shades I wanted to buy.

Three… Two… One…

YES!

I ordered Punk Pomegranate (Deep Maroon-ish), Bad To The Bronze (Bronzy Gold) and Too Cool (Shimmery White).

Why these three colors? Honestly, I was inspired with the makeup tutorial of one of my favourite YouTube makeup gurus, Michelle Phan (last name pronounced as Fawn or Fun). She did this Formal Makeup Look that I loved so much. So, I decided to go ahead and try it out.

The package arrived at my house 2 days upon receipt of my paypal payment. I immediately checked what the big buzz was all about. Quite honestly, this really is an impressive product! Not only do I do away with the primer, it also lasts me the entire day. (and sometimes night!) Plus, I noticed that when applied with a gel liner on top, the gel liner also doesn’t crease and keeps its vibrancy all day (and night) long.

Alright, so, the basics:
  1. Packaging. Well, these used a glass pot with a plastic black cap. No boxes, just a plastic perforated seal. I just hope that they put the expiry date on the package just so I’d know when to toss it to the trash bin.
  2. Contents. 4 grams of thick, hard cream of wonderful eyeshadow. 4 grams may not look much, but really, you don’t need much as these are highly pigmented.
  3. Scent. None. Which is not a deal breaker for me.
  4. Durability (Lasting capabilities). Check (with a wide smile across the face)!
  5. Creasing. None. Hooray! Goodbye Eyeshadow Primer!

So, here’s the look that I created with two of the three shades I got. I will try to re-create the Michelle Phan-inspired look via a tutorial video for you guys, hopefully I’d be able to upload it within the week. (Sorry!) Thumbs up! Definitely Recommend this to people who don’t have enough time for touch-ups.








Swatch Time. White (Too Cool) and Maroon (Pomegranate Punk)
One layer only.

Putting it on the soap - water test. Let's see if it really is
a "Tattoo"

After scrubbing my hand with soap and washing it off with water
the product is still intact!
Small traces of the product can still be seen even after scrubbing
the hand with paper towel! (See how red my hand already is!)


Comments

  1. Ever wanted to get free Instagram Followers?
    Did you know that you can get these ON AUTOPILOT & TOTALLY FOR FREE by getting an account on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment