Vlogaries: My Brazilian Keratin Blowout Hair Treatment Experience

Vlogaries (noun):
Short for Video Blogging (Vlog) Diaries.

This is the first time I have documented one of my experiences with beauty care. 

Thus the vlogaries begins!

About a year and four months ago, I had my hair rebounded at a hair salon in Betterliving, Paranaque called Hair Territories. I had a shoulder-length hair when I had this done. I was prepping for my son’s baptism.

Khloe, Jessica and Drew with Ombre Hair Color
I allowed my hair to grow out since the rebond made it look manageable. A year after, the craze about Ombre hair started. It was sported popular American actresses like Drew Barrymore, Jessica Biel, Khloe Kardasian and a lot more. 

Having long, plain locks are boring, so I decided to give that a try.

I had my hair ombre-d (Ombre hair refers to hair color fading from dark to light, or vice versa. Instead of the color starting from the roots, it gradually becomes lighter, or darker, towards the ends. The word "ombre" in French means shadow or shade[i].) at Tease Salon in San Juan, Pasig City. I didn’t want to have loud, blond hair in the office so I told my hairdresser to keep it subtle. (Unfortunately I didn’t have a photo of it) Basically, I wasn’t too happy with the result because I didn’t get the shade that I wanted. I sat there for a total of six hours, my hair got brittle and rubbery but the color just didn’t stick!

Dry, Brittle, Limp, Lifeless Hair. =(
Since I had this done to my hair, I have been having difficulties maintaining it. I had to use tons of conditioner because if I didn’t, I wouldn’t be able to comb it. This is also the first time I experienced having a lot of split ends. It’s devastating.

A couple of months after a new hair craze had started. The Brazilian Blowout. (a method of temporarily straightening hair by sealing a liquid keratin and a preservative solution into the hair with a hair iron in the United States[ii].)

Since I really wanted to save my head from losing all its locks, I had time and again planned on availing this service. But since the time of its launch, it has been very expensive.

Which is why I was so excited when I stumbled upon this ad over the internet. I immediately called the number and inquired how much it would cost.

To sum it up:
Treatment: P900.00 any length (Promo!)
Shampoo and Conditioner: P1,000.00 set
I spent P2,000.00 to get this done and you wouldn’t believe how great the result is!

Before I start bragging about how my hair looks now, let me just tell you what transpired while I was there:

Arrival: 5:45pm
Shampoo: 30mins (done about three times to ensure that all impurities are washed off)
Application: 30mins (This is a bit irritating in the eyes)
Leave-On: 30mins (To ensure that the strands seeps the chemicals)


Blow Dry: 45mins. Yes. Blow dry without rinsing the product off. (That’s probably why they call it the Brazilian BLOW-OUT)
FLAT IRONING: 45mins. Well, I feel really bad for my hairdresser. I can see him (or should I say “her”?) starting to strain his hands.

Then viola! 

In less than four hours, my hair is now renewed without losing its volume and bounce. Of course, I’d still need to wash this after 2 or 3 days to really see the result. I will have to re-blog about that next week to let you all know.



In any case, should you want to have this done to your hair, you may call Queen’s Lair Salon near Metrowalk at this number: (02) 7821107. They also offer huge discounts on permanent hair color (I think it only costs P200.00) and other salon services. Ask for my hairdresser, Honey. He (or She) really knows what he (or she) is talking about!

See my video blog here.

Comments

  1. Brazilian blowout treatment are really working and gives 100% straightness to your hair. It easily transforms curly hair to straight hair without frizz effect, hydrated, with extreme brightness and strengthened. I simply like it more because this Product without chemical can be used on any hair type. Specific to smooth the hair gently, offering results natural, very bright and malleability.
    Keratin blowout in San Ramon CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing you experience here..Women who have color-treated, highlighted or chemically processed hair are the best candidates for Keratin Smoothing Treatment because the cuticle is already open. Keratin straightening treatments work by bonding the hair shaft to keratin compounds, creating a super smooth, stronger strand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi everyone. thank you for taking the time to read my blog. and yes, i recommend this treatment especially to those with dry, damaged, colored hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you want to know more details for the hair fall treatment then visit here http://beforeitsnews.com/healthcare/2014/06/how-stop-hair-fall-treatment-men-and-women-gurgaon-2456742.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salon Murcel San Ramon CA
    I enjoyed reading you post about your hair. My hair is always a challenge. And the most frustrating thing is that only looks great on the day I have an appointment to get it cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for taking the time to read it, James Belly. i fully understand what you're saying. i always have second thoughts whenever i feel like chopping my hair off. i guess, the only way we can keep it tame and manageable is through treatments such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As the girls have to go through the processes again, their hair gets worse damaged. It is a vicious circle and they only find themselves desperate with the still-curly hair in the end.
    Thanks for sharing....!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your honest opinion. I think that any chemical used on any part of our body is harmful. however, treatments are often necessary to bring back life unto our hair. BUT yeah, the more chemical we use, the more damaged it gets, we just need to give our locks some time to breathe in between. =)

      Delete
  8. You have great Ideas and a interesting blog, I really like it!
    Keratin treatment Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very much useful blog on keratin treatment .This is the one of the best article I have read in recent days.Keep update and share your ideas..
    keratin treatments in visakhapatnam
    keratin treatments in vizag

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing information of keratin treatment. VLCC offers such treatments....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Way Of Your Blog presentation best hair salon in bachupally is very effective And very easy to understand about the process..thank you keep update with your blogs..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment