PRODUCT REVIEW: SHISEIDO IBUKI PURIFYING CLEANSER

It’s quite hard to find the perfect facial cleanser with all the available products in the market today. Sometimes we resolve to buying the cheapest one thinking that they all do the same, cleanse our skin.

Until I got an email from Sample Room announcing that they now have samples of the Shiseido Ibuki line. From the name itself, I knew that this is going to be expensive. I’m not so sure if I am ready to shift from the product that I was sure of.

I figured that since I will not be spending for a sample, just shipping, to go ahead and try it out.

Sample Room has provided me with a two (2) 5ml sample size of the Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser. 

Got it in the mail a day after depositing my shipping fee.


Of course, I immediately thought that it should do wonders since the regular size is so expensive. This one costs P1,495.00. 

Guess what? It did!




Here’s my review:

Scent: Like any other facial cleanser (with the exception of course of hypoallergenic ones like Physiogel Facial Cleanser, VMV Id Skin Buffing Pumice and Salicylic Facial Cleanser and Cetaphil) this product has a slight sweet scent to it. Really nice and not overpowering.

Texture: It has a frothy-thick, smooth texture, very similar to Garnier’s. The microbeads are soft and from the feel of it, I’m sure it doesn’t scratch or exfoliate your skin the wrong way.


Cleansing Power: I tried using it to cleanse my face with full make up on, it didn’t really remove my waterproof mascara, but it did great wonders to my lids, nose area, and cheeks! With just (literally) a pea-size amount, it easily lathers up and washes off. One thing I noticed is how squeaky clean my face was after washing.

Sample Room gave me two (2) samples. Using just a pea-sized amount allowed me to use one 5ml container for 10 washes! Talk about maximizing the product! 

I’m already down to my 15th wash and I am really thinking about getting another set of samples or save up and finally purchase a full sized bottle.



Results: I am really happy about it, I didn’t breakout, my skin looks radiant after every washing. I feel that this makes my skin lighter. It also reduced my oiliness and really I haven’t used any moisturizer since I started using it. Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser really does wonders, leaving your skin clean, soft and supple!

If you are going to ask me, I highly recommend it to everyone!

And then there is this challenge question from Sample Room: 

"How do you make sure that you, as a person are ready for anything?"

Well, to be quite honest, there are a lot of factors for someone to be ready for anything-everything. 

Like for one, you have to be street smart. Not nerdy smart. 

Having a good head over your shoulder would definitely bring you to places. That's why it helps a lot if you read books, newspapers and quite honestly, even blogs. When you have a broader perspective of things, rest assured that you can talk to anyone, even your boss, or better, your boss' boss!

Another is confidence. Arrogance should never be mistaken for being confident. When I was in College, I may not be Magna Cum Laude and I may not be the most beautiful, but it helped me get acquainted with a lot of people because I was confident. Well, this is also why I loved this new Ibuki line from Shiseido, because we have to admit, if we feel beautiful we become beautiful. And if we feel beautiful, our confidence radiates making us able to face anyone!

And lastly, like what Meagan Young, the crowned Ms. World once said, one must have values. Core Values is one aspect that us, Filipinos are well known for. I guess our respect for our ancestors' culture and beliefs helped establish a distinctly Filipino core value. 

Well, as far as I know, I am where I am now because of what my parent taught me. I know that respect begets respect and only people who has values knows the meaning of that.

Well, when it all comes down to it, being confident and being smart is I think just a crumb of the cake. I think, a person's values will make her go to places where not everyone can go. When you have established these, there's really no need to be scared, because you are ready for anything - everything.

Comments