Product Review: Vidal Sassoon Premium Base Care Shampoo and Conditioner

Yet another great product sample from Sample Room!

I have been in constant battle with my hair since I can remember. I have dry, frizzy, dull and thick locks. To some, having thick set of hair could be a blessing, but unfortunately, whoever has thick hair would tell you otherwise.

Maintaining it has always been a constant headache, not only that it has drilled a deep hole in my pocket that I can barely see the end of the tunnel. Talk about Alice getting lost in the deep rabbit hole!

I have probably tried tons of hair care products and treatments, from the cheap to the most expensive rebond treatments, keratin treatments, hot oils, brazilian blowouts and coloring! To some extent, I even decided to embrace my wavy, frizzy hair and had it permed.

I don't know why, but I have always worn my hair short, maybe because it was easier to manage it rather than having it grow longer. 

Unfortunately, my husband (and probably majority of the boys out there) preferred long hair. So, to please him, I had to grow mine.

I got my usual newsletter from Sample Room and lo and behold, a Vidal Sassoon Shampoo and Conditioner (take note, in Full Size) is up for grabs! I instantaneously logged in online and got my dibs on this very much talked about product.

After two days, I saw this at my doorstep:



Of course, my next move was to immediately try it out! Hoping that it would do wonders to my hair.

The packaging is really cute. The deep red or maroon, which is Vidal Sassoon's signature color is vibrant and appealing. The container is not the usual cylindrical packaging making it look expensive. It is also easier to hold if you have wet, soapy hands. The only thing is, the color of the bottles are so alike that I have to read the labels to make sure that what I am pouring on my palm is the right product.

The Product smells amaaaaazing! It has that citrusy-flowery scent that stays on all day long! Even though I am constantly exposed to smoke, I can still get a whiff of freshness whenever I smell my hair.


The Shampoo easily lathers up. It also easily washes off and it leaves the hair squeaky clean.


The conditioner smells delicious too! With this amount (see photo below) I was able to cover all areas that needs conditioning! 


Okay, so the product is fine and I loved the smell. But the real test, as always is during the combing. I hate it when it takes more than 5 mins to comb my hair. I probably lose around 50-100 strands of broken hair after combing it when the conditioner doesn't do its job right.



So, here, as you can see, I am a happy camper. My hair may not be perfectly straight, but I was able to comb it in 3 minutes tops! I also prevented further damage because there was only a little of hair breakage. Not to mention how vibrant my hair color has become!

My judgement? Vidal Sassoon indeed made a very nice product. Will I buy it? Yes! Definitely! So should you!

Price: 190ml bottle = Php199.00

Visit Sample Room and be a member, try before you buy!
www.sampleroom.ph


#vidalsassoon #sampleroom

Comments

Post a Comment