BDJ BOX 7 DAY CHALLENGE: Benefit Cosmetics June Box

Every month (as long as you have subscribed), BDJ box has this "7 Day Challenge" where each subscriber is asked to use and review any of the products from their current beauty box for seven days. 

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Since I loved this month's beauty box, I have decided to document the use of these products for 7 (working) days. I shall try to come up with 7 looks that are suitable for the office set up, using if not all, most of the products featured this month.

So, just like any other makeup tutorial, we must always start with a clean canvass. As much as I don't want to post my bare face over the internet, I guess I have no choice, so here it is, this is what I look like without any makeup on:



Me, during the morning and every weekend.

With all the 7 looks that I came up with, be advised that I used the following products to prep my face:


  • Using the Porefessional Balm, prime your face, focusing mainly on the t-zone. Using clean fingertips (preferably your ring finger) carefully massage the product evenly. 


RATING: 5 out of 5
Among all the pore minimizing products available in the market today, I give this one a five-star rating. It does not only minimize the pores, it also helps keep the t-zone area matte. I have really supper oily face (i know, eew!) I could not go throughout the day without any oil film or facial tissue in tow, but from the first day I started using this product until today, I notice how lesser facial tissue or oil film I've used up. I'm really impressed. Also, its silky, super blendable texture allows easier application of foundation too! The Porefessional also doubles up as a makeup primer making sure that your makeup stays put longer! I just love it! 


Now that we have primed our face (and lessen the visibility of our pores) let's move on to the next step.


  • Apply the Fake Up concealer under your eyes. Again, using your ring finger, blend the product (amazing how it easily blends into the skin) careful enough to not erase it. Notice how it immediately brightens up your under eye.


RATING: 4 out of 5
This is a revolutionary product from Benefit. It is especially formulated to brighten the undereye area, which is great for people with dark undereye. It has no particular scent compared with the Porefessional (which to me, had a mild powdery scent) The moiturizing ring surrounding the concealer made it possible to glide on the skin faster and easier. However, compared to a regular concealer, FakeUp has a sheer coverage which is why I only gave it 4 out of 5 stars, still it's one great product to have and look at the packaging! Isn't that packaging just gorgeous?



  • If you have dark spots like me, use your favorite concealer to cover them up. Here I used the LA Girl HD Pro Conceal in Medium. Identify the areas that needs coverage and using a flat brush or a concealer brush, lightly pat the product into the skin.



  • Now, get your favorite foundation, here I used the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation in Petal. To evenly distribute the product, I recommend putting "dots" all over the areas you want covered. Then, either using a brush or a sponge, blend it evenly on the skin. I prefer using my hands to really breakdown the product and incorporate it into the skin.


RATING: 5 out of 5
It's very hard to find the right shade of foundation, you have to try it on first and let it sit on your skin to really get the right shade, however, I noticed that with the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation, it is easier to find the perfect match! I love the way you can build up the coverage as well. It's also not heavy on the skin making your face breath more. With all the looks I came up with in this review, I only used one layer of this foundation and look at the photos (which by the way are not filtered nor edited in any kind of way) look at how the foundation made my skin brighter and flawless! I love this product and will definitely re-purchase. I also recommend this to those who want to get their money's worth, just a little amount goes a long way!


  • After foundation, I usually do my brows next. I use my Drawing Eyebrow from Etude House in #2. Having well made-up brows is crucial for every look (and occasion) as this frames your face. Wrongly filled (and colored) brows would result to a disastrous look. Be creative! sport an arched brow for a sophisticated look or you can sport a thicker, straighter brow for a youthful look.



  • Since my crown is lighter than the brow shade that I used, I always make sure to use my favorite brow gel at the moment, VOV Styler Brow Gel in medium brown. This not only makes the brow lighter (to match my hair color) it also keeps them tamed and in place! Use this only if your pencil doesn't match your hair color.




  • To bring our cheeks to life, I use either the Benefit Lollitint (for a girly look) or the Benefit Benetint (for a more rosy glow). Dab the product onto your cheeks, I suggest that you smile first before doing so, to identify where the apples of your cheeks are. Blend it towards your temple for an instant uplift. Note: I will let you know which cheek tint I used for each look.






RATING: 5 out of 5
I have been a lip and cheek tint fanatic for the longest time, why? Because it's the best product to use especially if you are on the go. I have been using The Body Shop's lip and cheek tint as well as the Face Shop's My Lips Eat Cherry Aqua Tint since I could remember and it's probably about time to migrate to Benefit's Benetint! I just love how it complements my complexion. I also rave about how easy it is to apply without ever worrying for stain marks. It's super blendable and it really does stay on for the longest time! I also love the Lollitint! I never knew that purplish pink tint could go well with morena skin and it does! It gives me just the right amount of blush for that sweet, girly look. 5 out of 5 stars for me! (If I could give infinity points, I would!)



  • Another Benefit product inclusive of the BDJ Box for June that I got is the They're Real Mascara. I exclusively used this product in all the looks I came up with. Using your favorite eyelash curler, curl your lashes and generously apply this volumizing, curling and lifting mascara. Apply at least two coats to see the effect!






RATING: 3 out of 5
I know, with the score I gave with They're Real Mascara, a lot of people would freak out, but hear me out first. Unlike those who are blessed with thick, long eyelashes, mine's sparse and short. Which is probably why I became an expert in finding the best volumizing and lengthening mascara out there. I really had high expectations on this product because I have been hearing rave reviews about it, but I guess for me, it didn't really pan out too well. I notice that it does separate my lashes but it doesn't really lift and curl like it said it would. As for the volume and length, I notice too that it didn't do the trick for me (check the photos, they don't lie). It smells rough as well. I didn't like the scent too much. Another downside is that its a bit hard to wash off. If you do not use a makeup remover, you'll end up with panda eyes. As much as it breaks my heart to give it 3 out of 5 stars, I have to. Will I re-purchase, nah, maybe not.


Okay, now that I have shared with you the products that I used included in the June BDJ Beauty Box, let me share with you the seven different looks that I came up with.

LOOK 1: NO MAKEUP MAKEUP (highlighted product: Benefit Lollitint)






***********************************************
LOOK 2: ON THE GO MAKEUP LOOK (highlighted product: Benefit Benetint)


*************************************************
LOOK 3: LUSCIOUS PUCKERS (highlighted product: Benefit They're Real Mascara and Benetint)


***************************************************************

LOOK 4: SWEET INNOCENT LOOK (highlighted product: Benefit Bigger Than BB Big Easy and Lollitint)


*************************************************************
LOOK 5: CASUAL FRIDAY LOOK (highlighted product: Benefit FakeUp, Combination of Benetint and Lollitint on the lips)



*************************************************************
LOOK 6: NUDE LIPS LOOK (highlighted product: Benefit Bigger Than BB Big Easy, Lollitint)
*************************************************************
LOOK 7: CHARMED LOOK (highlighted product: Benefit Benetint)



******************************************************************
There you go, 7 looks for 7 days. There might not be too much difference, it's because I used the same products for all the looks I came up with.

All in all, I am really very happy with the result. Benefit products may be on the high end side but I guarantee you, it is definitely worth every penny.

If you want me to make a blog about makeup, please feel free to comment below.

Grab your own BDJ Beauty Box by registering at this site: www.bdjbox.com, for only Php580.00 a month!

Comments