Review: Rue Bourbon Eastwood (Father's Day Celebration)

First, allow me to greet every father in the world a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Being a wife and a mom, I for one, appreciate your presence and participation in the area of fatherhood.


A special shout out to my dear husband, Ron, for being such a great papa to our lovely son, Chico.

Which is why I had to make this father's day a special one for him. First, we spent a few hours at Villamor Driving Range. My husband and I are both into golf and I must say, being fairly new to the sport, he is really taking golf pretty seriously. Well, kudos to you pa, because your hardwork is paying off.

After driving range, I asked if we could try out this bar at Eastwood. My husband and I rarely go to Eastwood (1. It's too far from where we live at, 2. we'd rather spend our extra money at the mall playing at Timezone with our son). I told him that I have been hearing rave reviews about Rue Bourbon's flavored BIG ASS! 

Hold your horses, Big Ass is what they call a damn big mug o' beer.
Rue Bourbon is a classy bar and restaurant near the coffee shops at the ground floor Citiwalk 1, Eastwood City. It's sleek and rusty interior would make anyone, from party goers to corporate personalities, enjoy staying here. 

Anyway, below is a photo of their bar list.
photo credit: zomato.com

I asked the very friendly waiter of his recommendation and he said that aside from their famous caramel beer, he highly recommends their rose beer. Of course, the taste of flowers doesn't really sound (and taste) too enticing for me so I had to ask if it did taste like it's called. He smiled and told me that it's sweet and tastes like strawberries, the name was because of its color. So, I decided to order that.
Big Ass Rose Beer

One sip was all it took to make me feel all giddy inside. My husband ordered the caramel beer. which was really a good idea because we can swap mugs anytime.
Big Ass Caramel Beer

I asked a couple of questions about the beer, here are some of them:
1.) How many regular bottles of beer is equivalent to one BIG ASS? - Three or more 330ml bottle of beer.
2.) What's the alcohol content - Same around 5%
3.) Is it a special brew? - No. The base is draft beer infused with flavors. (Eg. Rose beer = strawberry concentrate, and other secret mixes)

Okay, here comes the verdict.

Rue Bourbon's flavored beers rock especially when it's ice cold. The first sip explodes in the mouth and the flavors remove the bitterness of draft beer. 

BUT...

If you are a beer drinker like me and my husband, I do not recommend you to buy the BIG ASS. Just get the glass and it will be enough. Here are the following reasons why:

1.) The BIG ASS is a bit pricey. (1 Big Ass = 1 Bucket of Beer) 
2.) The flavor is great but half way through it kind of gets harder to down it. NAKAKA-UMAY. I don't know how else to describe that, but I guess NAKAKA-UMAY is the word that best suits the feeling.

If you are just a social drinker, maybe you are better off with 1 Big Ass, but if you enjoy beer, better stick with the original brew. Still, nothing beats SMB!

Anyway, it was an experience and I am still glad that we went through with it together. I just hope that I was able to share my two cents about Rue Bourbon's Big Ass Flavored Beers.

Comments