Unboxing: BDJ Box Summer Radiance (May 2014)

I have once again subscribed to one of my favorite beauty boxes here in the Philippines, BDJ Box.

After so many months of not being able to subscribe with BDJ's monthly beauty box (sold out months before), I have finally laid eyes on one!

The theme for May is Summer Radiance. BDJ claims that they have put together the best beauty finds that would leave your skin fresh, radiant and healthy even after being exposed to the humid, hot summer days. So, what are we all waiting for?
photo credit: BDJ Box (http://bdjbox.com/box/may-2014)

So, I got mine on the mail by 3rd week of May. I know, I have been following it up with BDJ Team since May 1. I was so excited about the contents!


What was inside were the following beauty items:


1.) Godiva LicoWhite Antiperspirant Deodorant (11 Sachets; 4ml) -Like other whitening deodorants in the market, Godiva offers their LicoWhite variant. It contains Glabridin from Licorice. It has high levels of whitening ingredients to lighten dark underarms faster. What's great is that it is paraben-free making it safe for longer use. 

I honestly haven't tried this one yet because for one, I recently bought a new deo stick and I plan on starting to use this one as soon as I'm all out. I also plan on using this during travel. I will post an update as soon as I have started using it.


2.) Godiva LicoWhite Whitening Lotion SPF 15 (13 Sachets; 6ml) - I am a golf player and it has its fair share of downsides, one of them is having a tan. A really heavy tan. Especially now that summer is here, it is really essential that we use whitening lotion with SPF (Sun Protection Factor). The Godiva LicoWhite Whitening Lotion doubles its purpose by helping even out skin discolorations caused by age, scarring and pregnancy (hmm, can it whiten dark stretchmarks as well? Let's see...) it also protects us from the sun (SPF 15 - meaning it can protect you as much as 15 times longer when outdoors) as it moisturizes to keep skin soft and smooth. I normally apply lotion to my extremities every morning after taking a bath which is why I knew that I had to try this one out. 

For my arms and hands I would use about two pea-sized amount each. It has a refreshing smell. Not too sure if that's how Licorice smells, but to me, it smells like a freshly cut grass. Very cool and refreshing. It also has a powdery finish, leaving your skin dry but smooth, unlike other lotion where you feel very greasy especially on humid areas.

I have been using it for two weeks straight now and aside from having softer moisturized skin that emits refreshingly cool scent, I really see that my skin is starting to lighten. 





3.) Revlon Color Stay Nail Enamel (2pcs: Sunburst (Orangey color) and Spanish Moss (Grayish Green color) Regular Size - I am into putting vividly colored nail polish and the Revlon brand is one that I haven't tried, which is why I am really excited that BDJ box put two regular sized nail polish bottles in this month's beauty box! I think these two colors are so versatile, the orange one is suitable for the summer, while the green one is great for the corporate world.



4.) Dermal Sheet Mask (2pcs: Grape Collagen Mask and Bee Venom Collagen Mask) - I can't really say too much about this product as it is written in Korean Characters "Hangul." However, BDJ box describes it as a revitalizing and moisturizing collagen mask that contains active natural ingredients that will nourish your skin and bring it back to its natural radiance. Here is a helpful blog about this product.

***Update:
So, I tried the Bees Wax Face Mask a couple of days ago, just out of curiosity. Here's a quick review:

  • The material (mask) is thick and very hydrated. This is a good thing because other masks are thin and are prone to tearing. I was able to properly place it on my face without any trouble.
  • The scent is pleasant and since I will be leaving the mask on my face for a good 15 minutes or so, having a nicely scented mask is always a good thing.
  • The mask leaves a lingering coolness on the skin which is really relaxing. After around 20 minutes, I finally removed the mask and my immediate observation is that it leaves a thin layer of moisture. It kept my face moisturized the entire day.



5.) Organix Shampoo and Conditioner Sets and Organix Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil (Types: 3 sachets of Keratin Oil Shampoo and Conditioner, 3 sachets of Biotin and Collagen Shampoo and Conditioner, 3 sachets of Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo and Conditioner, 3 sachets of Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil) Sample Size - Keratin Oil Shampoo and Conditioner is basically for "Anti-Breaking" of hair strands, Biotin and Collagen Shampoo and Conditioner is for "Thick and Full" hair strands. Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo and Conditioner intends to keep your hair healthy by renewing it's damaged strands. The Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil is a leave on moisturizing oil suitable for all hair types that instantly penetrates damaged shaft that makes hair soft and shiny.


6.) Too Cool For School Pumpkin Sleeping Pack (Regular Size) - I have to admit, as soon as i opened this month's BDJ box, this product is the first one I picked up. At first, I didn't really know what it was for. I didn't know whether it needs to be washed after putting it on, but by thoroughly reading the product info card included in the box, I realized that this cream-based product needs to be put on your face before you sleep at least 2 times a week. When I removed the foil seal to start using it, I immediately fell in love with the scent! It smells like fresh cucumber and magnolia flowers. Again, not so sure whether it should smell like a Pumpkin. After washing my face, I used at least 3 mung-bean sized product to cover my entire face. It felt so soft and silky on the skin and it doesn't feel heavy and oily at all! I love the product because it leaves the skin so soft and supple in the morning.


Other items included in the box are discount coupons for I Do Nails salon, a P1500 worth of PAC make over gift certificate, discount vouchers for various hair products available at Watsons outlets and a FREE Avon brassier voucher!

So, what are you waiting for? Order your own beauty steals all in one very affordable box!

BDJ Box Website: http://bdjbox.com/

Comments

Post a Comment