PRODUCT REVIEW: Colour Collection Lip Perfection Lipstick with Argan Oil (from Sample Room)

I was so impressed with the Tupperware Brand's Colour Collection Red Wine Satin Lipstick so much that I just had to try other lipstick collections offered by them. 

Which is why I was so excited to know that Sample Room is letting its members try out the new Colour Collection Lip Perfection Lipstick With Argan Oil.

I got all three colors! 

Crema (nude), Bella (Pink), Amore (Orangey Red)

See visibly fuller, younger-looking lips with the new Tupperware Brand's Colour Collection Lip Perfection Lipstick with Argan Oil. This deeply moisturizing and age-defying lip color conditions and protects dry lips.

Because this is formulated with Argan Oil (See my blog about it here) it makes the lips soft, supple and smooth. 

Swatch (Medium Skin Tone)

Quick Product Detail:
Size: 4gm (regular)
Price: Php399.00 SRP


Now, let's begin with the review:

1.) PACKAGING

I think, one of the traits of Colour Collection Makeup is its very simple packaging. Which can both be advantageous and disadvantageous. Having really simple packaging - in marketing perspective - could be disadvantageous to any brand, most especially if the product were used for beautification. This is because it may not get the full attention it deserves. 

The box is primarily colored white and an off gold (or pale gold) with white fonts to describe the benefits of the lipstick and its ingredients. The brand name and logo is trimmed in gold font. Nothing special or eye catching. 

I suggest that Colour Collection get a hip artist to redo their makeup packaging.

The lipstick tube is nothing special as well. It uses a plain white plastic tube with gold trimmings. Unfortunately, I would have to give their packaging 1 out of 5 stars. This is not appealing at all. They could do better.


2.) SCENT

In my previous blog about argan oil, one of its distinct qualities would be its scent. Before popping one open, I immediately assumed that it would not smell as good because of this feature. However, surprisingly enough, the lipstick doesn't smell at all like an argan oil. However, it doesn't have any fragrance as well. It doesn't really make or break the lipstick.


3.) COLOR PAY OFF

My first Colour Collection Lipstick (Red Wine) had terrific color pay off. These lipsticks have the same quality. The longer it stays on the lips, the harder it stains. I am giving it 4 out of 5 stars.

Even though I gave it 4 out of 5 stars, I would recommend you try it out first before purchasing them. Morena or Medium skin tones might have a problem with Crema or Amore shades. This is because it has a tinge of orange in it which does not compliment our skin tone that much.

4.) TEXTURE

I am really amazed with how this lipstick glides onto my lips. It has a creamy, buttery texture that I like so much. There is one downside though, the lipstick is too soft that it could not hold its shape well.


I am quite disappointed with this because it makes the tube really messy against its white casing. Feeling on the lips? 5 stars. But the quality of the material? 1 out of 5 stars.


Overall, I am giving this product a 3 out of 5 stars. There are definitely major improvements needed especially for the texture and the packaging. 

Below are some photos I took (with flash - without filter) of the three shades I got from Sample Room:


using Crema
Unfortunately, I am 50-50 with this shade. It could be flattering with the right type of makeup, but it could also make me look pale and sickly.




using Amore

I am also 50-50 on this one because it doesn't really suit my skin tone. It gives off that "trying-too-hard-to-use-red-lipstick-but-is-not-working-too-well"  look, it could be better with fair skin tones.


using Bella
Finally, something that I can work with. The Bella shade gives that pop of color without looking too "trying hard." This one is definitely a keeper!

So, what are you all waiting for? 

Register now and grab a sample at sampleroom.ph and give this Colour Collection Lipstick with Argan Oil a try. 

Because it's about time you pamper your lips as well!

Comments

  1. It looks glossy in your picture. I thought it was a matte. Maybe I didn't look at it well. I agree with you, the packaging needs some improving. The box didn't give me a very exciting feel. Yes it leaves a stain but it washable.

    The bella looks great on you.

    ~" A Probinsiyana's blog "~

    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri. Actually, the lippies all have shiny finish. Maybe because of the Argan Oil? Not too sure. I love the Bella shade. Too bad the Amore and the Crema does not fit my skin tone. Thanks for taking the time to read it! Appreciate your comment! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment