Product Highlight: Cle de Peau Beaute Lipstick (One of the Top 10 Most Expensive Red Lipstick in the World!)

Cle de Peau Beaute (French term for "The Key To Skin") was launched in 1982. This beauty brand uniquely harmonizes Japan's exquisite aesthetic sense and cutting edge science with modern French elegance.

Last June, my parents attended my youngest sister's wedding at Noumea, New Caledonia. If you are wondering where that is, this French province composed of small group of islands is located at the Southwest of the Pacific Ocean. 

Going to New Caledonia, you would need two plane rides from Manila. My parents would have to connect flights from Australia or Tokyo, then a smaller chartered flight to reach New Caledonia. 

Before they left, I asked my mom to buy me a red lipstick as a coming home present. I knew that they would be touring Tokyo before they come back and that's when I got the idea.

I went to Tokyo last April 2013 and I wish I made some time to visit Ginza. Ginza is a known upscale area of Tokyo with numerous department stores, boutiques, restaurants and coffee houses. It is recognized as one of the most luxurious shopping districts in the world. I don't know why, but I opted to visit the infamous Mt. Fuji instead. Ginza or Mt. Fuji? I think I made the right choice.



Anyway, I had been a fan of red lippies since I mustered the courage to wear them a couple of years back. I didn't know that you can actually wear red lipstick without looking too vulgar. However, I wanted to own a red lipstick that you cannot purchase here in the Philippines.

I have read in an article (see here) that out of the 10 most luxurious red lipsticks known in the world, Cle de Peau Beaute is one of them.

Cle de Peau Beaute is a brand of cosmetic products promoting a fusion between French and Japanese technology. In the US, it retails $60.00 a tube. My mother purchased it at 6,480.00Japanese Yen or about Php3,000.00. The most expensive lippie I have ever owned is a VMV Hypoallergenics lipstick retailing Php1,050.00 only, half of what Cle de Peau Beaute costs.






Quick Trivia! 

The world's most expensive lipstick is Guerlain's KissKiss Gold and Diamonds that will definitely bore a hole in your pocket. Retailing at $62,000.00 or Php2,790,000.00. 

The casing is made from 18 karat gold, studded with 199 sparkling diamonds. 
You can have it engraved with your name and it is refillable!



So, is the Cle de Peau Beaute Lipstick worth every penny? Here's my short review:

1.) MANNER OF SELLING - Whenever you are buying something really expensive and luxurious, you expect to get the most delightful customer service that brand could offer. My mother was telling me how they were properly treated at their store in Shiseido, Ginza when purchasing this item.

Look at how the sales lady carefully wrapped the lipstick! She even wore gloves!




2.) PACKAGING - This lipstick has a very impressive packaging. The Royal Blue box is accented with gold lettering of the brand printed on a matte layer finish, a bar code, and a few Japanese character (probably indicating the ingredients or whatever) that I could not really decipher. Also on the box is like an inverted Greek alphabet "psi" (It looks like the letter "M") Which is is their brand logo.



The tube is beautifully crafted in such a way to make it look like a sculpted diamond. It is made of high-end plastic, following the same color scheme of the box that came with it. The handle has gold finish while the cover is a dark, transparent, royal blue. There is a small gold sticker seal at the side, probably a way to let you know that upon purchase the item has not been tampered with.




3.) THE LIPSTICK - When I twisted the tube, out came a gorgeously sculpted bright red (with cool undertone) lipstick. And Rihanna's "Shine Bright Like A Diamond" automatically played in my head. Look at this baby! On one side is their logo elegantly engraved. Looking at it would instantly make you want to NOT use it! It is so beautiful!



Unlike the regular lipstick tube, Cle de Peau Beaute's shaped differently. It had angles. At first, you'd get intimidated using it, not wanting to destroy it's beautifully crafted body.



See my unboxing video via YouTube here.

4.) SCENT and SHADE - Unfortunately, this product is unscented. Not that it has any bearing when choosing an expensive lipstick. My mother is probably one of the best fashionistas I know, she chose the best shade of red! This one in particular has a cool undertone, but a morena like me, could not have been more impressed on how this shade looked on my lips. This would definitely look great on light or fair skin, even on olive or darker skin. It's truly a fashion statement lippie!


BEFORE
DURING

AFTER
Look at how that shade of red instantly made my face brighten up! It complements all makeup style, from no make up (lipstick only) to glamour.

During application, I noticed how easy it glided on my lips. Unlike some of the lipsticks I have reviewed and tried before which all failed in the aspect of its physical stability, this product, when applied, does not bend or touch the tubular packaging, an aspect that I appreciate so much.

See my actual application video via YouTube here.


5.) COLOR PAY OFF & DURABILITY - Well, as much as I wanted to preserve this lipstick, I'd have to make a swatch of it to check this aspect out.



With one swipe, this lipstick gives you a light pinkish-red tint. However, with another swipe, you can instantly see how vibrant the color turn out is!

When I wiped it off with a tissue paper immediately after application, the lipstick smudged. However, after waiting 3 more minutes, the color stayed on my skin. Even after soaping and washing, you can still see traces of the red tint.

Another amazing feature is it's ability to NOT transfer. Let the lipstick stay on your lips a few minutes and viola! It doesn't feather, transfer, dry out, flake, crack and it doesn't dull out! Below is a photo of my lips (no filter) upon application and after 6 hours. Believe it or not, after 4 cups of green tea, one lunch, a 12oz. Dairy Queen and a couple of snacking later, my lips are still red! 




Do you still need to know my verdict? Or have I been too obvious already? Well, if you get to this point and you still want to know what I think about this $60.00 lipstick, well, IT'S ALL WORTH EVERY PENNY!

An expensive lipstick that stays true to its promise even after you have paid the bill and left the gloved sales lady behind. If you can afford to buy yourself an LV bag or a Jimmy Choo shoes, then you'd definitely want to have this one included in your beauty collection. It may not have all that bling bling that Guerlain KissKiss lipstick have, but to me, it's definitely the Rolex of the lipstick world! You are going to be proud to wear one! 

For more information on how you can avail this product or what other products this brand offers, check them out at their official website: http://www.cledepeau-beaute.com

Comments

  1. If you're looking for a good contextual advertising network, I recommend that you check out ExoClick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment