UNBOXING: BDJ Pure and Simple Box (July 2014)

It took me an entire month to wait for the July BDJ Box. Coming home from work every night had been excruciatingly exciting for me. I don't know how long I can still endure the long wait.

Until last Saturday (August 2, 2014) before heading for a family day out, I saw it! A HUGE, green and pink box with the BDJ logo! 


My first few thoughts were: 

"Oh my God! This box is HUGE!!!" 
"This is HEAVY!!! What could be inside???"
"Nah! F*ck it! I will bring this in the car and I will unbox there!"

So, in the car, I had to admit, I ignored my 2 year old son for a good 5 minutes checking out the contents of this July BDJ Beauty box. Wanna know what's inside? 

This month's theme is PURE and SIMPLE. And it contains various beauty, skin care and hair care products. I don't get where they got the "Simple" from. Because to me, these are absurd! Everything a woman needs in one box! Love it!!!

Anyway, here's what I got for only Php580.00.



1.) Keratin Complex Travel Valet Care Kit (89ml bottle Shampoo and 89ml bottle Conditioner) - P495.00 set


I am happy to know that hair care products are included in this box because well, my hair is dry and brittle and it really needs some love! This 3oz. bottle packaging is TSA-approved (Transportation Security Administration) meaning you can bring this with you whenever you want to travel without the risk of confiscation at the airport security check.


Keratin Complex Conditioner

Keratin Complex Shampoo
The conditioner is thick, white, and has a lotion-like texture. While the shampoo is liquid-y yellow-ish transparent substance. I am actually battling with myself if I should go ahead and use the product to give you guys a review about it, or if I should just keep it for now and use it whenever I need to travel. Anyway, I have yet to decide on this and I will let you know the soonest if I find this product amazing! But, I have to point out that it has a strong herb-like scent.


2.) 2 bottles of Vitress Hair Solutions Cuticle Coat (Hair Repair and Heat Protect) Php75.00/each 30ml


I am very familiar with Vitress as I have been a user of this product since it came out years back. I am happy to be getting two variants. The blue one is the Hair Repair variant, great for frizzy, damaged locks. The green one is Heat Protect variant, I use this whenever I stylize my hair with a straightening iron. This product keeps the hair tame without the oily look and heavy, dull feel.


3.) Celeteque Dermo Science Acne Solutions Back Spray with Hydroxy Acid  50ml - Php320.00

I have been a loyal user of the Celeteque Acne Solutions line. In fact out of all the Acne Solutions line, this is the only product I haven't tried yet. I most especially love Acne Clearing Facial Moisturizer Gel and Acne Spot Corrector Gel because it really controls and prevents further development of acne! I am really glad that this one came in with the box. What I love about this product is that it doesn't have that alcohol-like scent to it and upon application, it does not feel sticky at all! It has a water-like consistency that will not leave you feeling irritated. Will have to post a review about this product soon!


4.) Nivea Anti Perspirant Invisible Spray 150ml - Php184.00



I have been seeing the commercial of this product for some time now and I am really curious if it does not stain black or white garments! In fairness, it does protect you from having sweaty underarms and it does smell rather nice. 


5.) Nivea In Shower Skin Conditioner (Sample Sachet of 10ml) - regular bottle of 100ml costs Php109.00


I have to admit, I am dead curious about this product! I think this is the first time I have encountered an conditioner for the skin that you have to rinse off after application! This products needs to have infographics or flyers or whatever to let the consumers know that you apply this product before you leave the bathroom! It has 50x more Vitamin C which is really good for the skin. After washing off your favorite soap or whatever it is you are using, you apply this product onto your skin and do not forget to rinse it off. 

6.) Nivea Pure Effect Exfoliating Wipes (20 sheets) - Php139.00


I have been using facial wipes to remove makeup when on the go, but I have never heard of wipes with "exfoliating" factors. At a glance, I immediately thought that each sheet must be really very moist with microbeads that exfoliates while cleaning. 

But when I opened the package, this is what I saw: 



Each sheet has small embossed dots. This gently exfoliates the skin while removing impurities such as makeup. What's more is that it has a great gentle scent that stays for quite some time on the skin.


7.) Hygenix Anti Bacterial Hand Spray (55ml) and Sanitizer (50ml) - Php49.00 and Php45.00 respectively

This product kills 99.9% of germs and at the same time keeps the skin moisturized. Don't you just hate it when alcohol leaves your skin dry and flaky? Hygienix doesn't do that. It ensures that your skin remains soft, clean and smelling fresh!

8.) Pink Sugar Be Happy Spray Cologne 250ml - Php349.00


This body mist is made in the Philippines. For a fair price of Php349.00 you get to take home a 250ml bottle! This Be Happy collection is a mix of fruity and floral scents. I am very particular with my fragrances and although this one smells really refreshing, I find that it does not have sufficient staying power. 


9.) Enchanted After Midnight Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette "Smokey Eyes" 6gms - Php199.00



The packaging is nice, it has a piano key finish packaging and push open-close latch. Inside is a double tip applicator. This particular collection is to create a smokey eye look. Shades include light shimmery blue, metallic silver and a matte black.


On a medium skin tone, this color does not really pop out too much. I am also not too impressed when it comes to the color pay off. But, I have to point out that the black eye shadow in this palette really stains compared to the blue and silver ones. I have tried to re-create the eye shadow technique shown at the back of the box and here's how it looks.






10.) Envie Aesthetic and Medspa Gift Card (FREE) 


Envie is located at Timog Avenue Quezon City. This gift card entitles the card holder either one relaxing diamond peel treatment, IPL (one area only), RF Slimming or Lipo Cavitation. Can't wait to try out their Diamond Peel treatment though!

Called them and if in case you are interested, here are their basic price list:

IPL per area = Php550.00 per session
RF Slimming (lifting) per area = Php550.00 per session
Lipo Cavitation (fat burning) per area = Php650.00 per session
Relaxing Diamond Peel = Php550.00

They have an on-going promo right now:
10 sessions of RF Slimming = Php4,000.00
10 sessions of Lipo Cavitation = Php4,500.00 (plus 2 more free sessions)
6 months unlimited Diamond Peel = Php3,500.00

11.) Stickers!!!


I just love these cutie stickers! I personally use it to secure letters to my friends. I also make it a point to stick on my diary to remind me of what BDJ beauty box I got that month. 



There you go, my unboxing for BDJ box's July. I only paid Php580.00 inclusive of shipping and I actually got a total of Php2,589.00! See, I told you, BDJ box is really worth every penny!

If you also want to open your monthly surprise of beauty and glamour, check them out at: www.bdjbox.com

Comments

  1. Omg! I'm excited to subscribe and get mine too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was our payday yesterday and I immediately subscribed to 3 months! I suggest if you want to subscribe to them that you also get the pre-paid boxes because almost always, boxes are sold out before the month even begins! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment