SWEET TOOTH DIARIES: Special Super Moist Banana Cake (Loaf)

When I was younger, I often ask my mother to buy us a banana loaf from Red Ribbon. To me, they have the best, most moist banana loaf ever!

photo credit: gitaasuncion.blogspot.com
I have to be honest, I am still trying to figure out what that lovely, crunchy topping is made of, I compensate mine by crushing a couple of sheets of Peanut Brittle from Baguio City. 

Anyway, I want to share with you a very effective, fool-proof recipe that you might want to try.

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 C APF
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Banana Flavor
2 Large Eggs
1/2 C Butter, softened
1 C Sugar
1 Tblsp Evaporated Milk
3 Ripe Bananas (Lakatan)
Crushed Peanut and Egg White Crackers (like Peanut Kisses)* - OPTIONAL

*can be substituted by Chopped nuts

PROCEDURE:

Pre-heat your oven at 175 degrees Celcius.

1.) Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.

2.) Crush at least 2 packets of the Peanut Kisses (or 1/2 C nuts), set aside.


3.) In a separate bowl, cream together all wet ingredients, including the ripe bananas. Incorporate the crushed peanut kisses as soon as all wet ingredients are well blended.















4.) Gradually add the dry ingredients. As soon as incorporated, stop mixing. DO NOT OVER MIX the batter as it tends to try up when baked.


5.) Put in a lined loaf and bake for 45-50mins. I don't know why but swirling caramel sauce on top makes the batter even, when baked. It also gives that additional sweetness.


VIOLA! Your very own super moist and tasty banana loaf! 





Comments