REVIEW: L’Oreal Paris Lucent Magique Liquid Foundation



Because I am such a vain person and because a girl’s got to have her makeup stash updated every once in a while, I am in search of the next best foundation out there.

Although admittedly, I already have quite a few bottles in my stash, I must admit I am such a sucker for quality makeup.

High end brands such as Benefit, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Shu Uemura, MAC, Bobbi Brown (and the list goes on and on) can be your best bet when it comes to coverage, I could not really have myself use them daily. Let’s admit it, we girls, we save the best for special occasions. And in times like these, we wanted to get our hands on something that we can use daily but does not bore a huge hole in our pockets. That is why God allowed people to invent drugstore makeup. Not too fancy but also not something that will give you breakouts.




I love my NYX foundation for daily use, but I guess I am at the point of my life where I wanted to check out something new. So, one day, I decided to check out the mall near me and purchased the new L’Oreal Paris Lucent Magique Liquid Foundation.


The season is changing and we are about to welcome summer. I love summer. I love how it gives you that dewy, glowing skin. So, I found myself sporting a dewy, sun-kissed makeup look every day. My NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat foundation could not give me that glowing finish unless I stop blotting and slab on tons of highlighters, I would not be able to achieve this look.

So, I am ecstatic to discover this Lucent Magique foundation. As stated on the box, it is a light-infusing foundation making you glow from within. My shade is in G4, I don’t know what that is but it has a yellow undertone perfect for morena like me (if you are MAC NC40 then this is great for you too!)

Let us start with the packaging, who here doesn’t love rose gold? L’Oreal is able to package this foundation elegantly with a tapered glass bottle, rose gold pump and a clear plastic cap. The tapered glass bottle allows you to hold and pump the product out with so much ease.

It costs Php845.00 for a 30ml bottle, quite expensive for a drugstore makeup, but hey, this is L’Oreal!

Coverage wise, one pump is all you actually need. It has a medium to heavy coverage but is surprisingly lightweight. The foundation is not creamy and is tad runny which I don’t really mind because it is very blendable and is easily absorbed by the skin. Put on another layer and you would not need concealer!

Here is my bare face, notice how uneven my skin is. I have lighter complexion in the middle of my face and darker complexion towards the edges. I also have a few blemished that I need to conceal.




Because this foundation is runny, I like spreading it all over my face like this and using my favourite liquid foundation applicator, Real Techniques Blending Sponge, I lightly pat the product for even distribution.






Here is one layer of the foundation, immediately you can see that it is able to even out my skin tone and I now require minimal concealing.


Here is my face with a second layer of this foundation. I’m not sure if it registers in the camera, but I was able to save myself from using concealer today. LURVE IT!



Now for the endurance test, it’s now 7:20 in the morning and I wish to be able to report that this foundation stayed the entire day.


It is now 11:00 in the morning. And I have already walked under the sun for about 10 minutes (and believe me it is humid out there!) and this is how I look. I notice that my chin and sides of my nose is starting to get oily but I refrained myself from blotting the oil off. Just for the sake of this review. Well, not bad, not bad at all!
 


I wear glasses and as soon as I removed them, I saw this, ulk! I know, but because I did not blot, this tends to happen. My nose bridge accumulated foundation due to the glasses. No worries, I just have to clean it up and all will be well.










I just have to mention that I love how this shade is really close to my skin tone! Look at this shot of my face and neck, not bad ‘eh?!




Here is a photo with and without flash, can you tell if I am glowing or not? =)



Overall, I am in love with this product and I will definitely re-purchase as soon as I have used up this bottle! If you are like me, who needs to wear makeup on a daily basis, who is not blessed with flawless and even skin, you might want to grab a bottle (or two) of this L’Oreal Lucent Magique Liquid Foundation now before your shade runs out!

If you like the makeup I have on, here’s a list of the products I used:

FACE:
Benefit Porefessional Balm (Primer)
L’Oreal Lucent Magique Liquid Foundation in G4
NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in 02 Gleam
Revlon Powder Blush in Wine Not
EM Cosmetics Chiaroscuro (nose contour) in Medium

EYEBROWS:
Etude House Easy Eyebrow Pencil in 02 (brown)
Etude House Brow Gel in 02 (light brown)

EYES:
Props and Tools Customized Eyeshadow Trio (Peachy highlighter for the inner corners, Chocolate Matte Brown for the outer corners, crease and lower lashline and Shimmery Wine color as eyeliner)
*No mascara today

LIPS:
Nivea Lip Balm – to moisturize
The Face Shop My Lips Eat Cherry Aqua Tint
LA Girl Forbidden Love Matte Lipstick



Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored review.

Comments