SWEET TOOTH DIARIES: Custard Macaroons

I was strolling in the mall the other day and I felt a pang of hunger. I tried thinking about what to eat while doing my shopping and I stumbled upon a kiosk selling Custaroons (This is a registered business name of custard macaroons in the Philippines by Gigi Gaerlan). From the looks of it, Oh My Goodness, just by the looks of it, I knew that it would be heaven after every bite! I just had to grab one!

Photo credit: http://www.custaroons.com/home.html


I haven't even left the kiosk when I realized that I had already finished half the box I just purchased. It was a nice blend of creamy and sweet. Nice! Something to perk you up especially on days when you feel like sh*t. (LOL)

I went home feeling frustrated and I blame myself for not purchasing more. I just had to have more! I scoured the net and finally found a fool proof recipe that I wish could somehow come close to the heavenly taste of this Custaroons. And I am going to share it with you today.

Here's a list of ingredients you must have:
1can condensed milk
5 large eggs
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup freshly grated coconut




Some recipe calls for white sugar and salt, I didn't use them because I think the condensed milk would do the job of sweetening the custard just fine. The saltiness of the grated coconuts would also compensate for the salt I left out.

Now, here's the best part of it all, all you have to do is to mix everything in one bowl! That's right, one bowl! Isn't that freakin' amazing?!

Pre heat your oven at 150 degrees Celsius.
Line your pans with paper or foil cups.
Since these do not rise up like cake, you can fill the cup up to the rim.
Then bake for 30-40 mins until the tops turn into golden brown.
Remove from pan and let it cool down before eating.









Well, quite honestly, nothing still beats the taste of the original custaroon, but this one isn't bad either!

Go ahead and feel free to give it a try, let me know how it turns out!


Comments