TOP CHOICES: Bold Reds and Plums (Lipsticks) for Morena Skin

Just very recently, I uploaded my top picks of nude and pink lipsticks that best suits Morena (Pinay) skin.

This time I will be writing about my top picks of red and plum lipsticks. Note that not all red lipsticks will suit your skin type. There are different undertones to consider to find that perfect shade to complement your skin.

As mentioned, my skin tone is more on the yellow side and I have combination of warm and cool undertone. There are many ways you can check and I think the most popular one is by checking the veins on your wrist. Green veins normally tells you that you have a warm undertone, while bluish veins would mean that you have a cool undertone. If you have both (lucky you!) then both hues would suit you just fine. I find red lipsticks with blue/pink hues (rather than orange ones) -- cool undertones-- best for my skin tone. It makes me look blushing and it makes my skin look brighter.



Believe it or not, I most of the time wear red bold lips when I don't feel like wearing too much makeup. I think that red lipsticks make too much of a statement that you need to minimize everything else, thus this is my go to makeup when I am on the go. All I need to worry about are the brows and that's it! Pair it with nice specs and a messy bun and you will instantly look fa-fa-fabulous!

Anyway, if you happen to be in the same shade or skin tone as me, you might want to invest on the following drugstore (inexpensive) lipstick brands.




Here's an actual lip swatch video for you to watch. Hope you guys enjoyed this post!






Comments