TOP CHOICES: Nudes and Pinks (Lipsticks) for Morena Skin

I have always been scared of using nudes and pinks. They haven't been very nice to morena skin.
But, I always find myself buying one because of the influences I have from my favorite YouTubers, but most of them are fair skinned, so nudes and pinks suit them perfectly well.

I am also not to patient when buying things from the store. When I "think" that a certain shade looks good (perhaps not on me) I would instinctively pick it up and head out to the cashier to bring it home. Only to find out that I wasted so much money for things that would either make me look to pale or would make me look like I am "trying too hard."

Through the years, I learned to be more patient. I swatched and asked for the opinion of the sales clerk before buying. I end up mostly with reds and plums. But, the corporate world isn't prepared for that yet. I sometimes get away with it when I wear them during casual days. And so, I had to study my skin tone and stick to the shades that I "know" suit me well.

I am between NC40 to NC42 in MAC, and I have a yellow undertone. So, if you have the same skin tone as I, maybe you can check these out.


Off hand, above are my favorite nude and pink lip products. If you notice, most of the items here are from drugstore. This is because I do not want to invest on a product only ending up giving it to someone else because it doesn't suit me. I also noticed that when I buy one brand, I make sure to get shades covering nudes, pinks, reds and plums. Rarely do I buy one shade per brand.

Also, be very careful when buying matte nude lipsticks, sometimes they settle and emphasize the lines on your lips. If you are going to use a nude matte lipstick, I suggest that you try soft matte lipsticks instead of the hard-on mattes.



Well, swatch on the arm is one thing, but actually trying them on is another. So, without any further adieu, click below for a short video of my actual swatching on the lips.






Comments

  1. If you are looking for a reputable contextual advertising network, I recommend that you have a look at PropellerAds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment