Product Review: Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation (New Packaging)

Just very recently I made a review of my Loreal Paris Lucent Magique Liquid Foundation (see my post here) I am a big fan of Loreal's foundation line just because it doesn't break me out, it is very affordable and it doesn't leave my skin feeling heavy.

However, what I don't quite like about the Loreal foundation line is the fact that they love changing their packaging depending on where they are going to sell the item, but content-wise, they are all the same. This is kind of confusing especially to consumers.

Anyway, regardless of the changes in the packaging, I still absolutely adore the Loreal brand. Here's my take on their newest True Match Liquid Foundation.



Packaging: 4 out of 5 Stars:
Don't you just love the packaging? It reminds me of the recently launched Loreal Revita Lift Laser x3 Serum.

I love the fact that Loreal is standardizing their packaging. Anyway, I think any foundation that comes with a pump is a winner! You don't want your hand or fingers or even your makeup kit swimming in foundation right? Besides, with a pump, you have controlled quantities coming out from the container. Less spoilage, that's value for money if you ask me!

The packaging is simple, straight forward, no fuss. I like it. The clear bottle/ body immediately allows you to check if that is the right shade for you or not. Still, at the upper back portion of the bottle, is the where they put the shade. Easy.

What I don't like about it is that the cover made of plastic material is very brittle and easily cracks, if that happens, your pump is not that protected from dispensing its contents when left tumbling inside your kikay kit.


Product Consistency, Finish and Coverage: 4 out of 5 Stars:
The product is very liquid-y, which is common to Loreal Foundations. Doesn't bother me much because I find that liquid-y foundation is weightless and more blendable compared with the creamy variety.

The Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation has a dewy finish. Doesn't bother me though because I can always set it with a matte powder. On days where I prefer dewy, radiant, young looking skin, I'd leave it as is. I'll just ensure to spritz on a little setting spray to keep the foundation intact.

This particular product has medium but buildable coverage. Ideal for daily use. I still find that using the Loreal True Match Magic Blur (see my review here) before applying this product on as well as setting it with a fine powder is best because this product tends to settle into your fine lines.


Application: 5 out of 5 Stars:
I apply this product in four ways. With clean bare fingers, a damp beauty sponge, a textured round sponge (what they use to apply BB creams) or with a foundation brush (stippling brush, flat foundation brush or even a buffing brush) Apply it any way you want and you'll get the same great results every time!

One pump should be enough to cover the entire face and some portion of the neck. But I like to double it the pump to cover my blemishes. No need for concealers!

Below is a before and after photo.


Here I used two pumps. Look at how it was able to cover my dark spots (Thanks for nothing acne!)

This 30ml bottle costs Php600.00. Very inexpensive if you'll ask me. Not too sure if this is an introductory price though. Anyway, go ahead and get your very own bottle at any Watsons or Department Stores nationwide.

Comments

  1. Is it long lasting? Been meaning to buy the previous Loreal foundations but most of them complained the foundation transfers. A lot. Thanks for the review!

    http://ladyarizel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! Thank you for reading. Honestly, no, it is not long lasting. It is an ordinary foundation. But if you use a good primer and set your face with a lasting setting powder (and of course, avoid staying under direct sunlight) that chances are, the foundation is going to stay put, for at least 5 hours. But if you use it plainly, then no, every time you oil up or wipe your face, this foundation will really come off. Hope this satisfies your question! =)

      Delete
    2. ohhhh I see. I almost bought this yesterday in SM Makati. Thanks!! :D

      Delete
  2. waw super product and thank you for share with us like this review

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment