Product Review: Maybelline ColorBlur Matte Pencil by LipStudio

Sometimes I just have to kick myself in the butt for spending too much money in makeup. But I can't help it! Everything in the internet reminds me and entices me to place an order. Especially those that are not readily available here.

One of my recent addictions are matte lipsticks. The long wear ones. I just got hooked! From the moment I got my hands on Rimmel's Provocalips, I just couldn't avoid ordering what the other brand is offering.

Here's one of my latest finds, Maybelline Color Blur by LipStudio. I first heard of this when Judy of It's Judy Time (a fellow YouTuber) reviewed this on her channel. Unfortunately, this is not available over the counter at any Maybelline outlets. This is best ordered online. Got mine from BonMarche Page.


Well, as much as I wanted to purchase the entire lot, I can't as some of the shades are out of stock. I got the reds; Partner in Crimson and Cherry Cherry Bang Bang. Partner in crimson is the darkest shade of red in the line. Cherry Cherry Bang Bang is more of a bright red with blue hue.

PACKAGING: 2 out of 5 Stars:
Well, compared with the brands that came up with matte lipsticks like LA Girl, Colourpop, Anastasia Beverly Hills, LA Splash, Rimmel London, etc., Maybelline has got to improve their packaging. It looks as though it is made of cheap materials.

The product is double ended. One being the matte lip pencil and the other the smudging tool. Both are covered with plastic cap. The smudging tool is connected to the device that allows you to twist out and twist back some of the product.


CONSISTENCY and APPLICABILITY: 4 out 5 Stars:
It is surprising that the product feels very hydrating and moisturizing on the lips. Actually, when I was swatching and trying it on, I got surprised how easily it glides on the skin and on the lips.


The smudging tool is made of white rubber. I thought it is made of a velvet tip, same material as what they use for lip gloss wands. The smudging tool doesn't really have any use. You can smudge any lip product by using either your fingers or a cotton bud. The black rimmed material holding the smudging tool is actually the device that allows you to twist out the lip pencil. Sometimes I wonder how I can still let the product out when this breaks.



SHADES, COLOR PAY OFF and LONGEVITY: 5 out of 5 Stars:
This product line has 10 known shades: Pink Insanity, Fast and Fuchsia, Berry Misbehaved, Orange Ya Glad, Cherry Cherry Bang Bang, Partner in Crimson, Plum Please, My-my Magenta, I'm Blushing and I like To Mauve It.

Although I only have 2 shades, I am happy about them. I feel that I got two of the best shades there is.

If it were up to me, I would describe the intensity of this product; "High Definition" I notice how strong the color pay out is, glide it over your lips twice and you are good to go.

What's more is its staining ability. The product is able to stay on the lips for a good 4 hours even after eating. Upon application, you can instantly notice the matte finish. Although it is matte, it doesn't dry out your lips. It is also not heavy and I don't mind wearing it the whole day.


FINISH: 4 out of 5 Stars:
I am generally very happy about the outcome of this product, but I would really have to mention about the use of the smudging tool. I think it is useless.

The gradient lips was popularized by Korean girls and while it looks youthful, I do not think that matte lipsticks should be used for this, although it is not impossible. I just thought that to complete the gradient lips, it is better if it is topped with a lip gloss.

One piece is priced at Php350.00 excluding shipping. Not bad for a 1.25 gram tube.

Here's how I applied the product on. Enjoy!



Comments

  1. Soo gorgeous!! i like that color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need free Facebook Likes?
    Did you know that you can get them ON AUTO-PILOT & ABSOLUTELY FREE by getting an account on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment