Review: Loreal Paris Brow Artist (Designer Pro) Eyebrow 3-in-1 Pencil

Our brows perfectly frame our face, therefore it is essential that we know how to groom them. I know someone who actually had to attend a lecture just so she'd be able to sculpt a perfect brow every single time.

Just very recently, thick and straight brows started to become a fad. Why? Why not?! With the right shade and thickness, it can make any face look younger and innocent.

Truth be told, eyebrows are probably one of the hardest to design. Wrong arch, wrong shade, wrong length would make or break your entire look. Of course, no brows are exactly the same, so, if you are spending a lifetime just to perfect them, maybe it is about time to put down whatever brow product you are holding and just breathe.

I am no brow expert but I can say that I don't exactly belong to the majority who doesn't know how to shape their brows. I find myself very flexible when using brow products. I do not particularly use one kind of brow product alone, sometimes I use a minimum of three (3) products to shade and design these lovely twins.

For beginners, I highly recommend pencils with a waxy texture. By the way, there is a very big difference between an eyeliner and an eyebrow liner. Eyebrow liners tend to be more dense and hard, eyeliners are more creamy and blendable. There is a valid reason for that. Pencils are created to basically allow us to create hair-like strands. If you use a creamy eyeliner to replace this, you'd end up with thicker than usual brows. For drugstore brands, Maybelline and Revlon sells very nice and affordable brow pencils. Etude House's Drawing Eyebrow Pencil is one of my favorite, not only does it have various shades, the pencil itself is highly pigmented and very easy to work with.

If you happen to be blessed with thick brows, you may opt to use powders instead. Powders are the best way to fill in sparse areas without the heaviness that pencils give. Others actually just use a brow mascara or tint. This is also a great product because you can not just change the shade of your brow hairs, you can also keep things in place because of the wax or gel in this product. I am personally using VMV Hypoallergenics' (H)eyebrow Eye+Brow Liner. Although their shades are not too flexible, I find that the product is not chalky and does not fade off during the day, not to mention that it's paraben free and is hypoallergenic.

If you are not so blessed with eyebrows, your best bet is an eyebrow cream. You'd have to have a controlled hand when using this type of product because a little goes a very long way. You can create various looks, from thin to thick brows. Cream products are also very flexible that with a very structured and firm brow liner (brush) you can mimic actual hair. I personally like NYX Eyebrow gel and Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade.

Enough with the very long introduction, I am here to review the Loreal Paris Brow Artist Designer Brow 3-in-1 Pencil.


Looking at it, you would immediately claim that there is a spoolie on the other end and a retractable pencil on the opposite end. Well, you are in for a surprise!

1.) PACKAGING: 5 out of 5 Stars
The center of the tube is a strip of which shade it comes with. So far, Loreal has only introduced two (2) shades, light brown and medium-dark brown. I got the medium to dark brown one. The product looks like a regular eyebrow pencil but in a very sleek, expensive looking packaging.



This is the reason why I rated it 5 out of 5. Look at how Loreal geniously (if there's such a word) maximized this tube! When you thought that it only has 2 ends, you'd be very surprised that right smack in the middle is actually another hidden product! I love it!!!

Now, let me explain what these exactly are; One end is a retractable brow pencil. Which you can use to outline your brows or mimic your hair especially on the inner portion. One the opposite end is a spoolie which is a very helpful tool both for taming your brows into place and blending. In the middle is a sponge tip that dips into a powder pan. This is ideal for filling in the brows and also for blending. Genius, right?

So, here are my very own step by step, simple eyebrow tutorial for beginners:


1.) Using the spoolie, tame your brows in place by gently brushing your brow hairs up.





2.) Using the opposite end, outline your lower and upper brows with swift, light strokes. Here, you can immediately note that my brows are not technically identical. I have thick brow hairs so I do not find it essential to create feather like strokes to fill them in.






3.) Using the powder sponge, I try to fill in the sparse areas and at the same time blend the inner corners creating a gradient effect.



Viola! Easy right? After this, I like to top it off with a tinted brow gel to change the color of my brows. My hair is colored at the moment and I find that it looks better with my brows tinted a closer shade.

Tell me what you think about the new Loreal Paris Brow Artist Eyebrow Pencil. I have yet to try the powder type. I'll update you soon!

Comments

  1. what i can say about this post amazing and also i like that product

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment