'Tis the Season to be SEPHORA Glammin'

December is almost here, capiz lanterns and santa claus figures are being sold every minute. Jose Marie Chan's "Christmas In Our Hearts" is playing almost every hour on the radio, ah yes, 'tis the season to be joyous indeed for it's Christmas!

And just like that, my calendar is filled with parties here and there. Who am I to resist? At one hand, here's an invite for a Gatsby-themed party, while on the other is White Christmas. Oh, what to do? So many things to consider, so many things to think about and in just so little time!

Not that I don't enjoy dressing up for the holidays, who wouldn't? But I have to come up with a look that would fit any party theme there is, who says one can't please them all?

So, here's the make up look I would recommend especially to those who will be painting the town red this season.

1. First, prime your gorgeous face!

I love to use Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti Acne Treatment (30ml) - Php2,077.00

For me, this product hits two birds with one stone! It not only preps the face to pull off an all nighter, it also heals and prevents further break outs!

Not only that, it is vegan, free of parabens, sulfates and phthalates.




2. Let us now perfect your skin!


There are a lot of available foundation in the market today, you can choose which ever you like, but I personally find the Sephora 10hour Perfect foundation the best to use especially during this season!

Mine is in the shade 26 Medium Peach, for only Php972.00 (currently on sale! Php680.00). This foundation stays on for long hours while keeping your face natural looking and flawless.

What's more is that it contains antioxidant vitamin E for healthier and moisturized skin!



Now, there may be parts of your skin that needs double concealing, I love using the Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Concealer in Medium (Php2,345.00)

This palette gives you that high definition extra coverage especially on your problem areas: dark spots, dark under eye circles and blemishes. The different shades allows you to mix and match your skintone!




3. Set your base!

Of course, to keep your face make up in place while you are busy partying all night, you have to set it.

My newest discovery is this Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder (14g Php1,041.00). I particularly love that this product is formulated with sulfur and kaolin to promote healthier complexion.

Did you know that it helps dry acne, set your foundation and  reduce redness and irritation all at the same time? Talk about great benefits!



4. Carve and chisel those cheekbones!

I am obsessed with a very good contour product. I prefer cream based ones than powders if I want longer wearing contour on my face.

You must try 3CE Duo Contour Stick in 01 (Php1,425.00) it allows you to put layer upon layer of high definition contouring to your face without clumping.





5. Achieve the flushed look!

Zoeva recently makes a name in the make up industry. Not only do I love their brush sets, but I also love using their new Pink Spectrum Blush Palette (Php1,084.00).

Two matte and two shimmer blush shades allow you to look naturally flushed for that sweet innocent look. Amp up the coverage to get that edgy mysterious lady, great for that party attitude!





6. Beaming with Highlight!

Well, just look at that! Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Rose Quartz highlighter (Php2,504.00)

This limited edition luminizing powder highlighter will give your skin a soft pearlized glow. It's buttery consistency makes it easier to apply especially on targetted areas!

It will surely give you that umph! while on the dance floor!







Let's now move on to the eyes. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul, so better ensure that your "window" is dressed to impress!


1. Prime those lids!

To ensure that you won't go around looking like a beaten panda bear, you must put on an eyeshadow primer. My favorite at the moment is the Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow Primer in Medium/Deep (Php1,500.00)

This primer not only keeps your eyeshadow in place, it also provides a base that will enhance the colors of your shadows.





2. Release the artist in you!

One of the best and most exciting part of putting on make up is putting on eyeshadow. My favorite palette to date is the Sleek i-Divine Oh So Special Palette (Php737.00)

Not only is this palette so inexpensive, it has 12 highly pigmented shadows (both mattes and shimmers)! Some act as transition color, eyeliner and even eyebrow product!






3. Wing it!

This is probably one of the best eyeliner ever created! If you are like me who has shaky hands, liquid eyeliners are so not for you.

This Benefit They're Real Push Up Eyeliner in Black (Php1,400.00) is ingenious! It's like a gel liner put in a pencil! The tip is made of flexible rubber that is very forgiving. It doubles up as a guide if you don't know how far you would want your wings to go.

What's more is that it lasts up to 24 hours without smearing and smudging. Perfect!


4. Bat those lashes baby!



I don't know about you, but I notice that whenever I put on some lashes it just makes the look complete!

I particularly love these ones from Lavie. It's from their Wildflower collection (Bluebell) Php201.00.

This product is made from 100% natural hair and the design looks so natural that it will make any one have a second look!



5. Keep 'em nice and curled!


Probably, a holy grail in mascara, the Benefit Roller Lash (Php1,400.00) will curl and lift your lashes until the night is through!

No need to use an eyelash curler with this baby!








6. Tame them brows!




Another new product from Benefit is the Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel (Medium) Php1,400.00 and the Ka-Brow! Eyebrow Cream-Gel Color (Medium) Php1,400.00.


This works best for those of you who, like me, have sparse eyebrows. The cream formula of the Ka-Brow! allows me to outline my brows to achieve that thick, healthy-looking, cara delevigne-inspired brows without looking too overpowering.


Topping my brows off with the Gimme Brow volumizing gel, it allows me to tame unruly eyebrow hair in place.










You won't know who you will be locking lips with by the end of the night, so better keep them juicy and alluring!

1. Even lips needs priming too!


Too Faced Lip Insurance Primer (Php1,195.00) is one of the most impressive lip primers there is! It locks in your lip product in place, keeping the color vibrant, non fading, bleeding or creasing!

Your lipstick not transfer proof? No worries! This lip primer will take care of that! So, make sure you keep one in your pouch to get your lips ready for smooching!





2. Velvet lips!


Ciate is a brand known for their nail polish. But this long wearing, ultra vibrant and matte liquid lipstick is one of the finest since Velvetines!

Ciate London Liquid Velvet in Diva (Php804.00) will keep your lips to die for!









This year will definitely make its mark! Because I am able to use only the best, I know I can hop from one party place to another without worrying so much about my face! Want to look your best too? Without leaving your chairs, you can now purchase hard to find items and have them delivered in time for Christmas! Go ahead, indulge and give in to the temptation, give yourselves something to look forward to this Season, head on to Sephora PH here for the latest make up fad!


Here's what I came up with....






This is when people are already starting to partaaaaay..... My make up is still freakin' intact!!!


This is how it looks with a flash... (notice what I am now wearing on my feet? Slippers!) My shoes are already off, but my make up is still on!!!


Comments